Look what we drove yesterday

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My GF and i had managed to buy each other driving experience days for the last birthdays, so we timed it to take them at the same time. We got there at 8am and didnt stop smiling till we left at 2pm.

100_4317.jpg

100_4321.jpg

100_4337.jpg

100_4345.jpg

Then we were taken out in a lotus and an ST Focus for fast passenger rides, the Lotus was really fun, the ST was boring TBH
100_4360.jpg

The only good thing about the ST was the Aston Martin calipers
100_4349.jpg

100_4380.jpg

We eevn got to go off road ish for a bit
100_4372.jpg

Then it was the turn of the rally cars, we got to have a go in an Evo and a Subaru . The instructor in the Subaru was a right Woos, and kept yelling at me to brake, the lady in the Evo let me stay out for another few laps as the idiot int he Ferarri kept getting in my way ( not often you get to say that)

Me out braking and turning the Ferarri,lol however come the srtaights, it was bye bye Evo
100_4562.jpg

100_4390.jpg

100_4402.jpg

106 Rallye in fly off hand brake guise, legal hand brake turns in someone elses car, how much better does it get??

100_4536.jpg

It was an amazing day Thanks babe :) I must say one of the best things was getting to drive a 4x4 on an off road dirt track. It was something id never imagined doing I thought we were having a passenger ride init and when he said no your driving, I nearly fainted!! I was so nervious, but it was a fantastic experiance.

Obviously driving the R8 was great too. I can now honestly say that R8 wins over ferrari any day of the week!! The gears in a ferrari are rubbarsh!!!

Not very often you get to say that :D

Nice! Very, very nice! :rockwoot:

There's some place in Wales that lets you have a day in a Ferrari, 911 and a Vantage but you actually take them on the roads! It's definitely on the cards....

How much did that set you back guys, I've been meaning to get myself to one of these driving experiences too, if only to get behind the wheel of an R8, as I doubt I'll ever buy one unless theay are like £15k to buy lol

Well. strange you should say that, i actually left some contact details with them for a possible price break on a few of us, I thought it was worth a bash.

As for cost IIRC it wa £149 for the whole day as we had a voucher that gave half price or something. Well worth it, you get some instruction and let loose with an instructor in tow. Worth every penny IMO

Well. strange you should say that, i actually left some contact details with them for a possible price break on a few of us, I thought it was worth a bash.

As for cost IIRC it wa £149 for the whole day as we had a voucher that gave half price or something. Well worth it, you get some instruction and let loose with an instructor in tow. Worth every penny IMO

Thats a good price compared to what I've seen offered by a few places :)

Wow, what a day, my wife got me something similar a while ago, but not for the day, i got to go out in a Gayardo and an R8, they were both very good, but the Lambo got my vote, just because of the paddle shift being so smooth!!

The day for ASN sounds very good though, let us know how you get on and what sort of deal we are looking at.

I've been put off a few, one of my mates told me it was a waste of money, you was limited to 4k revs in a Lambo Gallardo, I said WTF!, what's the point of an 'Experience' if you can't rev past 4k ***? defeats the point if I turned up and was only allowed half the revs of the 8k+ available, not to mention the engine wouldn't be on cam at 4k. :racer:

I cannot vouch for the other experiences, but they actively encourage you to put your foot down on these sessions, I for one wasn't changing till 7k in the Evo foe instance. The instructors have a brake peddle and a cut off switch on their side in case of lunacy.lol

Good work guys! I had a track day bought for me and had the opportunity to rag/drive an Evo FQ 360 round the track. It's quite funny as we were lapping the Ferrari's :)

Mark and Stace looks like a wkd day out. Glad you both had fun...Very nice photos aswell! I've always wanted to do this but i think you have to be over 21. Still got two years to wait :( Hmm that R8 and Ferrari looks lovely