Picking up my new car soon. A few questions.

borofoga

Reaction score
My car has now been delivered but I'm due to collect my car on the 1st September under the scrappage scheme :-D

Question is do I

1) Call my current insurers and change the details of the car?

2) If the quote is too high by my current insurers can I cancel my policy and would I receive a pro-rata refund?

3) I'm assuming I won't obtain any no claim bonus if I do cancel?

4) Has anybody got any links to what products are best to use for washing/cleaning (cloth, wax etc) a Phantom Black Audi A3?

5) Also any links to where I should buy my engine oil from for a 1.9 TDI PD engine?

Sorry for all the questions & Many thanks in Advance

You'd get a pro-rata refund yes but they normally add a penalty of a month or so I think. But as you say they're not obliged to give you that years no claims so if that's important to you then I'd take their quote. It's a maths question really. i.e. will the extra you may have to pay out to finish that year work out to a lot more than the months of no claims you would be throwing away? If they gave you a good enough quote in the first place they may give you a good quote now!

You could always get quotes from elsewhere first and use them as leverage.

There are some very good threads in the detailing forum and even a dedicated thread for dark pearlescent cars:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=116

For oil just go to Halfords mate. They have those books that tell you which you can choose from and then it's up to you which brand to pick.