internet car parts

yendall24

Reaction score
i sent for some mintex rear discs and pads for my car as requested i provided the make and model the reg no the engine size and code .the discs and pads arrive today the pads are ok the discs are the wrong size so i emailed them ok send them back i ask do i have to pay the postage (yes) but i provided all the details you requested and you still sent me the wrong parts i qoute we cant tell which ones you need from the make and model or the reg there are 3 different types for that car so my first question is how do you pick one from 3 in the hope they fit i explained that when i go to euro car parts or gsf all they need is the reg number the answer to this was unbelievable if you can get them with just your reg then let me know? the mind boggles

What car was it for? VAG have some serious parts issues, especially when a car is going through a facelift phase or the Engine changes slighty, hence the crazy amount of engine codes for one single car. All my local motor factors(ECP, GSF, CarSpares) have problems supplying the correct parts when it comes to front and rear brakes, the only way to get them 100% correct each time is to turn up at VW with your logbook, so they can cross reference the parts with your chassis number, the reg and engine code isn't enough.

Why did you not just go to a local firm and pay a little more? At least you would get the right part and not have to pay any postage on incorrect parts.

Support local stores not online discount monkeys.