Technical information, specifications, fluids etc.

A19quattro

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to really be a section on here for technical information or have I just missed it. Is there a website you guys use when you need this kind of information or would it be a good idea to set something up on here?
I have just been servicing my TDI Quattro for the first time, I thought I had all the info I needed, I have a fair bit of mechanical experience in the past and did all my Golf TDI servicing and repairs for the ten years I had it and since buying the quattro I have been getting information her and there about how it all works. I still managed to get some incorrect info for my car and struggled to then get the correct information and specs for oils etc. This is not meant to be a criticism of the site but there does seem to be loads more info on the net about e.g. Golfs than Audis and it's not always safe to assume they are the same, unless you know what you are doing. This is not complicated stuff I am talking about it's basic service information, what oil a diff takes and how much.
Be interested in peoples thoughts, is the info out there, should we set up a kind of Audi resource on here and post up links/files of into to help other members or is that not what Audi-sport's about?

Reactions: Sandra
Sounds like a good idea. But most of the stuff is on the net to be fair.

Was there something particular you are after?

If there is msg me your "year, model of vehicle , pref engine code if you know it" and I will try help you with the info you need.~

Or just post on here.

There doesn't seem to really be a section on here for technical information or have I just missed it. Is there a website you guys use when you need this kind of information or would it be a good idea to set something up on here?
I have just been servicing my TDI Quattro for the first time, I thought I had all the info I needed, I have a fair bit of mechanical experience in the past and did all my Golf TDI servicing and repairs for the ten years I had it and since buying the quattro I have been getting information her and there about how it all works. I still managed to get some incorrect info for my car and struggled to then get the correct information and specs for oils etc. This is not meant to be a criticism of the site but there does seem to be loads more info on the net about e.g. Golfs than Audis and it's not always safe to assume they are the same, unless you know what you are doing. This is not complicated stuff I am talking about it's basic service information, what oil a diff takes and how much.
Be interested in peoples thoughts, is the info out there, should we set up a kind of Audi resource on here and post up links/files of into to help other members or is that not what Audi-sport's about?

If you want to start a thread with some info, then members can add to it. We will be delighted to include this sort of information on audi-sport.net. :) x

Reactions: T-800
OK not sure if this will work, here's the file I managed to find for A3s, bear in mind it's Audi of America so not necessarily the same as UK spec but no doubt better than nothing; Blogvager Files Wordpress Com 2012 01 10 Audi A3 Qsb Web Pdf - PDF Download
You will need to download the PDF file, it's big, too big to attach here it seems but worthwhile when you see all the information contained therein. If anyone has anything else feel free to post it, as Sandra says we may be able to create a technical section with the info which I think would be good.

Last edited: