Alloys, light ones??

A19quattro

Reaction score
My car has 18" RS6s as standard and they are quite heavy, is it possible to do light wheels on a budget or is it buy something like BBS or forget it?

Light weight wheels in general are more expensive, depends on the brand. Rota's are light weight'ish and affordable. Really depends on budget and what you are after? BBS rims just seems the natural choice for German metal. Buying used maybe your best option I reckon, and stick your RS6 back on when you sell the car.

Cheers, that's good info, I like Rotas but wasn't sure what they weigh. Also like BBS but certainly not the price new. Anyone got any actual weight tables for wheels, does such a thing exist?

First I am not really ready yet, cheers for the offer anyway, just exploring options and second I think most reps are too dear lol so I doubt the real thing could be any cheaper. |My thought currently are my best option would be a good second hand set but to be honest I don't know what I would go for, I like CHs for example but don't know if I could live with them longer term, may be better with LMs, price shoots up again and that's why I am tempted by the Rotas, for now. Anyone any figures for weights?

Last edited:
The RS6s are 7.5Jx18, ET54, don't want to go bigger than 18" but don't mind messing with the ET a bit to create a wider stance, from memory I think 45 is pretty safe and I think a lot of the reps are around this figure