Rate it or Slate it: Peugeot RCZ

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Anyone driven one? i have a hatred to all things Peugeot after owning a few that were terrible for my first few cars. I do like the styling on them though, and the 1.6T engines seem to be pretty poky. Can't see me ever buying one but they are nice to look at

Not a bad looking car for a Pug, seems to be 10 years late though, feels like what Audi was trying to do when it released the mk1 TT, but the impact has been lost in modern times. The 1.6T is pretty nippy though, I only edged it in my S3 with 2 passengers entering the motorway, and I'm sure we was both going for it. The RCZ-R top of the range will probably be quicker than my car in a straight line rolling sprint I reckon, in the dry.

RCZ is better looking than the TT. I bet the mechanicals are sh1t. To me its just Mutton dressed as lamb.

I like the look of it, I had a card come through the post recently to test drive the R model and the spec on it does look decent.

I have to say it does have a decent presence on the road when you see them, but as Jo said they are a few years too late, when it comes to the design.

RCZ is better looking than the TT. I bet the mechanicals are sh1t. To me its just Mutton dressed as lamb.

Totally agree with this.....the sporty top of the range R model definitely caught my eye in a good way.....

Haven't driven one or properly been inside- but they do look alright on the road - not had the chance to see one in action though so now sure how quick they are in real life and when they go round a corner (yet)

In regards to design and keeping up with the rest of the car manufactures - I think Pug really have lost the plot...just look at the cars they are labelling as Gti's now!!! :puke2:

The whole model range is several years behind IMO

I like the idea of the curved rear windows, they look smart, bet they cost a tonne to replace though. I just hope they worked on the interior, most pug interiors are painfully bland and cheap. Front wheel drive only lets them down a bit as well imo

Wouldn't like to think what the cost of the rear window would be if it needed replacing, but I do think the RCZ-R is the prettiest car they've made for ages.

I think some of the later offerings in the last 12 months have been a vast improvement on some of the hideous awkward design concepts spawned in the last 6 years. I used to like the designs of the 205/306/405/106, but since those days there has been little to love. My wife and I have driven a few Pugs as pool cars over the years and they drive pretty much as bad as they look. Suspension is smooth, but brakes as way over-servoed, gearboxes are tragic, and steering is limp. If you get an older one everything shakes and feels like it's coming apart. The two cars I see broken down on the hard shoulder most often are Rovers (less so now), and Pugs.