• 1 Post By Nilz
  • 1 Post By Andy1608
  • 2 Post By warren_S5

Thread: 23 year old buys Audi R8

Defo worth the wait :)

Status

23 year old buys Audi R8

YouTuber buys Audi R8 thanks to supercars of London videos [video]

Hats off to the lad, he has done well and out of something that is of interest to him!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Expect ot see him on here sometime then! Lovely car.
    8P3 '10 1.8 TFSI 3DR Black Edition S-Line

1st Gear

Status
    Doesnt mention how much its cost to insure it, not sure many insurers would go near a 23yr old on a R8!

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleJangle View Post
    Doesnt mention how much its cost to insure it, not sure many insurers would go near a 23yr old on a R8!
    Chubb policies for one fella- whole new different ball game on insuring prestige items and estates.

Btw - Shmee150 (Tim) has sort of beaten him to this Nilz

Tim recently went from an R8 to a Mclarren MP12C all through profits from YouTube and I think he is around my age at 27! lol

If that's not epic enough he is regularly invited to many supercar/hypercar factories to give a review and get shown about and taken in some stupidly rare and expensive cars. (Pagani, Mclarren, Bugatti etc)

If only I lived in London and had a decent camera

Fair play to them both though - Tim is pretty down to Earth and a friendly chap, met him at the 'secret hanger meet' he posted a video about on his channel late last year
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Neutral

Status
    Justin Beiber just bought a Bugatti Veyron !!!!
    Ha kids eh !!!!
    A4_MaJiK likes this.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Fair play to the guy. Hats off from me.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Kwistof, i did read about Tim as well...

Good luck to them!!

Justin who???
    kwistof likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    I'm almost 23 can I buy it off him the insurance is only £884.04 so fair play he can afford that nice car
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

5th Gear

Status
    £1750 a month... and affording an R8... I earn more than that a month (without being cocky) and I cant afford no damn R8
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, S Badge, LED np lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s. Next Oval tailpipes/alloy Respray/discs/pads

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    £1750 a month... and affording an R8... I earn more than that a month (without being cocky) and I cant afford no damn R8
    He earns that just from YouTube videos, we don't know his primary income, and watching the vid in the link, it seems to me he has sponsors for the tuning of his R8, as it's not staying standard!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He earns that just from YouTube videos, we don't know his primary income, and watching the vid in the link, it seems to me he has sponsors for the tuning of his R8, as it's not staying standard!
    this would make sense.. read fail
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, S Badge, LED np lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s. Next Oval tailpipes/alloy Respray/discs/pads

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

2nd Gear

Status
    fair play to him has some good videos. and the demand is there!

By the way.. Tim (shmee) also owns a lot of companies. one of them being an online shopping site. he is loaded.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    Was thinking the same: £1750 a month is £21k per year which isn't really R8 money. Sponsorship deals would explain it.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    There is a Chinese lad in Plymouth that must be in his early 20s that I quite often see cruising around in a white R8. So much envy.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Vent pod boost gauge, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave (RIP) adjustable tie bars, FMIC

Soon to be done: SAI delete, 3" Catback, Stage 2 remap

S3 Drift King!

Status
    We don't even know how much deposit he's put down for the car? Anyways, how many of us was 23, and hankered after a supercar? Yup, most of us wanted one, hats off to him to actually get one! Hope he keeps his feet on the ground and enjoys it. Lots of young footballers driving around in flash cars in their early twenties, good luck to them, they've earnt it.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Still can't help but be envious! i definitely would get one if i could
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Vent pod boost gauge, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave (RIP) adjustable tie bars, FMIC

Soon to be done: SAI delete, 3" Catback, Stage 2 remap

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Chubb policies for one fella- whole new different ball game on insuring prestige items and estates.

Btw - Shmee150 (Tim) has sort of beaten him to this Nilz

Tim recently went from an R8 to a Mclarren MP12C all through profits from YouTube and I think he is around my age at 27! lol

If that's not epic enough he is regularly invited to many supercar/hypercar factories to give a review and get shown about and taken in some stupidly rare and expensive cars. (Pagani, Mclarren, Bugatti etc)

If only I lived in London and had a decent camera

Fair play to them both though - Tim is pretty down to Earth and a friendly chap, met him at the 'secret hanger meet' he posted a video about on his channel late last year
    Tim didn't just make that purchase from YouTube earnings alone.
    Don't get me wrong he's done well from a hobby but not that we'll just yet lol

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Watch Lord aleam on you tube if you really want to get annoyed by a young lad with too many super cars to drive lol

Status
    Good on him; can't knock anyone who earns their money and then spends it on what they love. By spending it here they're paying taxes here! A guy at the end of my road is 21 and owns a Stg 3 TT-RS, great guy and when you live at home with your folks it buys you opportunities those of us with big mortgages and lifestyle hobbies can't afford.

The only people I resent owning things like this are those who steal them or come by them by dubious means (e.g. tax evasion / crime funded / defrauding the system).
    s3dave and CHEZ like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1608 View Post
    Tim didn't just make that purchase from YouTube earnings alone.
    Don't get me wrong he's done well from a hobby but not that we'll just yet lol
    Hmmmmm

He has worked his way up to the R8 and also Macca..... think he had a DB9 before the R8 and then a Range Rover before that....so start with a £30/40k car and then sell up and add a 10/20k amount fo move up the range.....e.g a few months of YouTube payments.

I think you'll find his father is cut from the 'right' cloth - if you look into that comment you'll understand what I mean and where the fortune has come from.

Plus the dealerships he visits must give him a massive discount with all the 'free' marketing they'd get due to the car going to all of the prestige car events and places us normal folk don't get invited to! lol

There is a young Chinese lad from up Midlands way who owns a prestige car dealership -
    Thoroughly nice chap and gave my (extremely lucky) mate a spontaneous lift to an event in a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera LP560-4 Spyder after he jumped out of my S3 at the start point! I did try and keep up on the motorways as my mate filmed me from his passenger seat laughing his head off as I was getting destroyed
    Last edited by kwistof; 14th April 2014 at 17:00.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.