Damage from parking...

is there an option to record 24/7 and then overwrite after a few days
i would much prefer this option but it will obviously require a much larger storage device

Great description Jameze, was very helpful to find out about the way it works and the way the power source should be connected. Sounds like there's a little bit of work to get the wires to ran through the headlining, but not too challenging.

I'm looking around for prices too, along with the Power magic pro. If a good discount can be made, I'm happy to get one.

It was surprisingly easy to be honest, it just needs a couple of screws undoing in order to drop the headlining enough to feed the wire in to. I'm not confident when it comes to pulling my car to pieces or even unscrewing a screw but I managed to do it just fine :)

FYI - A cheaper alternative to the PMP is the Smart Power Battery Monitor... Smart Power Battery Monitor | Advanced In Car Technologies

As far as I know it does the exact same job and is £10 cheaper than the PMP.

is there an option to record 24/7 and then overwrite after a few days
i would much prefer this option but it will obviously require a much larger storage device

The camera will record continuously whilst in normal driving mode. In Parking Mode it will only record when an event has triggered it to, but if you set the sensitivities high enough this will pretty much cause it to record 24/7 I would have thought.

It's much better to tweak the Parking Mode settings though in my opinion so that they only record the relevant events. Otherwise if you wake up in the morning to find some damage to your car, you'll literally be reviewing hours upon hours of footage to try and find when it happened!

The camera will fill up the memory card and then overwrite the old footage. You can change this in the settings though to give priority to the different types of recordings (Normal driving footage, Event footage, Parking Mode footage). I just have mine set to overwrite the old footage though because if anything did happen I'd download it before it ever got overwritten anyway - my 32GB memory card seems to hold about a week or so of footage when set to maximum quality.

IMO, the Power magic pro is a bit better then the Smart Power, as it allows you to switch off the system completely. Whereas the Smart Power is hidden inside the dash and is constantly on. However, having said that, the Smart Power is a cleaner system as you can't see it, and considering the camera probably uses very little battery power, its not a problem to leave it on constantly (someone can correct me on the power usage and cutoffs).

Yeah the Power Magic Pro has the option to switch the system off. I've personally never used it though because I didn't want it on display so mine is currently mounted in the same place as this (not my pic)

B04F5178-24AE-4CDF-B703-9B353CCA4E43-1134-00000158EBD89BA5.jpg

I didn't want the PMP or any wires on display, so if I ever want to turn the camera off I just unplug it which is easy enough.

Good point.
Unless there's enough interest to do a group buy I'll get it and try to install myself.

Dude i can realized you patience but if you show me the damage part of the car may be i will suggest to you better option for the removal of the damage part..I think best way to park the car is in home garage if you do not have just make and no other option is available for you...

how many members on here would leave a note if they caught someones car and no one was around ?

I was in sainsburys car park a few months ago where this old fiesta went to park next to this 13 plate vw amorok and he got it wrong crashed into the vw scrapped all the rear quater panel, smashed his left side headlight I only looked as I heard the bang from it then reversed back went to find another space... Next to me I watched him park up incase he hit me which he didn't, so when he left NO note on the vw I went and found a worker in sainsburys left my details got the fiesta car details they called the vw owner over the tannoy told him what happened he waited for the fiesta driver to return to speak to him what happened and he denied it, I had photos of the damage I both cars already incase they was needed in the end fiesta driver owner owned up after realising he was cornered so the went up the road to vw got a quote to repair the scratch £310 that was a dent to the old mans pension pot. Got a call from the vw driver that evening telling me what happened when I wasn't there he thanked me for it and offered me a free mot on one of my cars when it's next due = result for him and a kind offer from him to me for my good honour

I assume he owns a garage then? Thought he would offer you more than an MOT :p Well done though mate. Years ago I was out on town for a night out, me and a few friends were walking through an outdoor car park when some young lad steams in, thinks he is being clever by parking at speed and he clips the back of a car, he reversed out, went to the other side of the car park and exited his car. By the time I got to where his car was (trying to note down the reg plate) he had come running back round and drove off. Some people need to have the same happen to them and see how they feel.