What car

Tony gold

Reaction score
What 5 door family car would you buy with a budged of 14k? As had enough of getting baby seat in and out of my s3

A sportback 8P S3 would be the logical answer but they would be approaching three figures mileage wise,what about a Golf ?

I've never seen one advertised and don't know the value, but I regularly see a Passat R34 which looks very nice!
Dave

I've never seen one advertised and don't know the value, but I regularly see a Passat R34 which looks very nice!
Dave
The R36 is nice but for that finish on the dash I would have maybe had one.

I got an A4 avant for the baby seat/buggy stuff. It's just about enough. I'm not sure how much gear you have, but I always seem to be needing more spaces. I looked at an A3 SB but just wasn't big enough for me.

This is nice and not far from you:

BMW 5 Series 530d M Sport for sale in Portsmouth Hampshire | Prestige Diesels Portsmouth

BMW 5 SERIES 530d M Sport 4dr Step Auto 3.0

Or this one: Used Bmw 5 Series 530d M Sport 4dr Step Auto for sale in Sidcup, Kent

There is also one at Isle of Wight Bmw: Used Cars - 2007 BMW 5 Series 2.5TD 525d M Sport CARBON BLACK METALLIC

They are very well specced too.

Solid Fast cars. Just bought a new 535D myself.

Ps. i love the Isle of Wight
I have been about 12 times in 11 years and its 300 miles away from me.

Last edited:
Thanks for all info guys,just had a look at an Audi q7, really nice drive,nice quality inside but don't quite know, love the drive of the 07 plate bmw x5, think in going to try and test drive the Porsche cayenne and the vw Toerag, like the look of the range rover sport but hate the inside

The island is a lovely place in the summer Audi dynamic but shocking in the winter lol

Thanks for all info guys,just had a look at an Audi q7, really nice drive,nice quality inside but don't quite know, love the drive of the 07 plate bmw x5, think in going to try and test drive the Porsche cayenne and the vw Toerag, like the look of the range rover sport but hate the inside

The island is a lovely place in the summer Audi dynamic but shocking in the winter lol

Winter Tyres :thumbsup: Just bought a set for my Bmw.

I would be look at an Audi A8, plenty of room, massive boot, and normally lots of equipment.