Rental car no check done when given car, now i spot damage what now??

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
So my car got left into get fixed last night to Audi dealer, was cold, wet and dark, told me they had to keep my car a few days whilst repairs took place. I got a rental car from them, they took me out to the car, it was pouring down, guy told me and my mate to hop in the rental, gave me the keys and told me to head on.

this morning when heading to work, I got out of the car, impressed by the new wheels i took a perv around and noticed the front pass wheel was scuffed, only has 10K miles on the clock, he did tell me that the car i as getting had just arrived back from being out previous to my visit.

I'm just worried that because they didnt do a check/ walk around with me that I might get the blame for the wheel?

or am i stressing over nothing?

Ring them and explain you've done a walk round the car. Noticed there is damage on the car and that the handover to yourself wasn't completed with a signed check sheet. It's there problem for not following procedure not yours.
It's their job walk round the car when accepting it back from a customer and sign it off and also walk round the car with the customer when signing it out which they have failed to do.
I wouldn't worry if I was you.

They did the same with me twice, car was in all of 5 mins before i went out in it. one i found a mobile broadband dongle in and the other a handbag. they didnt check them over when i bought the cars back even though id had them both mini valeted before handing them back.