Uh-oh Just found out my tyres are different!

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just checking my tyres, as the wheels are still in my shed at moment and not on the car but I noticed that the rear tyres are the same brand and type. Continental Contact Sport 3. However one is a 94W and the other is a 97W rated tyre. Tread patterns and size are the same.

These will be going on my A4 Avant Quattro. Will the rating difference impose any issues? I can't see it personally but I'm not a tyre expert!

Cheers,

Dan

I would say you are ok mate, the W rating is the same, so shouldnt make much difference to be honest.

Reactions: S4_dan
Yeah the 94 and 97 are load ratings, making the 97 a firmer tyre over the 94? Not a massive amount I know, just seeking clarification.

Ta,

Dan

Thats not an issue. if you said one tyre was a 225 and the other a 235 then thats a problem.
The 97 rated tyre woill probably be marked XL which is for Extra Load because the load rating is higher than it would normally be for a tyre of that size. Just usually means the tyre wall is stiffer to support the extra weight.
Some people prefer XL tyres on a car as sometimes they can make a small improvement to the handling of the car.

Karl.