Just cause your RS5 is in a flood, don't mean its safe.

If it was their pride and joy, why would they abandon it in the middle of flood water?
why did they not try and get it picked up or towed to safety?

EDIT: I also wonder if the Lyne resident tweeting the pictures and location of the car added to its demise.

It was someone's pride and joy at one time 😱 Possibly stolen or an insurance job.

I'm not convince someone would leave their pride and joy like that or even attempt to drive it through the flood.
If it was an insurance job, it would have been reported stolen, surly?

It says its been there for weeks?!!! Sad to see such an awful end!

Something doesn't add true with that story at all.

It is a bit strange isnt it??

The car apparently wasnt even reported as stolen.

Something fishy going on there.

I can't say too much on a public forum but I believe this car would have belonged to a certain group in society. The registered keeper checks would draw a blank (due to fake address/names listed as the keeper or listed as in trade) and the individuals would have been driving on a traders insurance policy. Hence not traceable owner but not stolen.
Probably used in crime at one point or another

If that was someone RS5 then was always going to be written off by the insurance company, and once you have reported it to the insurance company it's their responsibility to recover the car. If it was in a badly flood area then they may have not deemed it safe enough to collect the car but to the opportunist pikey its ready money...

Last edited:
Was waiting to happen to be fair - I bet a few other cars have met the same fate.

Looks like they may have attempted to drive through the water - possible hydro-locked engine / electronics failure?
If that was my car I wouldn't have attempted it. As others have said, insurance will more than likely dealt with it.
Looks like a bunch of pikeys hit the jackpot though!

I'm guessing if you can afford a car like that and don't think twice about driving through a flood maybe the owner doesn't care but still smells fishy to me

I can't believe they're stripping it for parts. Maybe because it's a very high value car they are.

My friends mondeo estate 09 plate got flooded. Still ran but he told his insurance company and they wrote the car off!!
They picked it up and got it crushed. Not parts were allowed to be taken from it.
Apparently because it was contaminated by river water they are legally not allowed to strip it for parts because it's classed as contaminated :S
At least the insurance paid out a good amount

Yeh because it's a 2 minute job to strip a car!

Just go on ebay and find all the stolen audi parts available. Scumbags. The owner should be branded with four rings on his forehead .

Sean

It does stink of something not being right.

If I'd heard about this earlier I'd have been down there in my speedos getting the 20's off it ;-)

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and ScottD3