Custom re-mappers people rate

mountain_man

Reaction score
My turbo died so i have got a garrett gt 1749vc hybrid as i wanted a bit more power and as i had to buy a new turbo thought i would upgrade.
I have read a couple of post and people advice having a remap done now, due to the possibly of the ecu not mixing the right ration now.
I have a 1.9tdi which was mapped to
140BHP before the turbo died.
Any suggestions on where is best to get a custom map done, i.e good guys that know what they are doing.

thanks

Thank you brodster. I'll give those guys a ring

Do you think it would be detrimental to the engine to run with out a Re map until i get it re mapped? i have seen some people say this is ok on diesel.

Can anyone throw some light on this? If not then it looks like im gonna have to take to van to work unitl i get it done :( life in the slow lane

Not a problem running with a hybrid on a standard map, Where abouts in the country are you as people might be able to point you towards a tuner close to you.
Did you find out why the last turbo failed ? . Any issues with boost control should be resolved before you remap the car.

Karl.

DOH...that would have been sensible.

Im in Gloucestershire. Turns out bager5 is just down the road. Since fitting the turbo the boost lag is noticeable below 2.5 revs compared to before on the stock turbo, but pulls at higher revs as the boost kicks in.
The stock turbo failed as the shaft on the turbine wheel broke. There was no sign of oil starvation, no bearing scufs on the turbine shaft. and it was dripping when got it off(i know this doesn't mean that it wasn't oil starvation)> but the car has done 98,000 and 15,000 on old remap.

Would adjusting the actuator be any help on getting the turbo to spool up at lower revs and reduce the lag?

You could shorten the actuator rod a little to improve low speed pickup, I did this with a BV43 I put on my Passat when it was running on a phase 1 map. You only need to shorten it a few mm to make a lot of difference. Make sure you record how much you shorten it. And also log the boost and N75 duty cycle afterwards to see whats going on. If it makes too much boost you will get limp mode and if the rods too short the ECU won't be able to control the boost at high RPM. Normally look for duty cycle no more than 75-80% as this gives the ECU some overhead to control the boost.Don't touch the screw that sets the maximum position.

Karl.

Thanks for the info Karl. I'll try a quarter turn by quarter turn and see how that effects the lack of boost at low revs.

Deffo go for one that shows before and after performance.. I had one guy do one for me in my old 206 gti 180 without putting it on dyno and all he really did was adjust my throttle position! Safe to say I got my money back and told him off.. Lol he was trading through eBay and called something like eco-remaps UK.. Good luck though buddy!

Thanks Jay.

Spoken with a couple of companies like awesome GTI, R-tech, Bager5 and it looks like its only darkside developments will do custom maps on any diesel with a hybrid turbo. The rest of them don't. So looks like darkside will be getting a visit from me soon.:blackrs4:

When I put the BV43 on my 1.9 Passat I got it remapped at Midland VW using a Custom Code Phase 2 map. Don't think Midland VW do CC any more but you could try the main place JBS autodesigns, basically the guy that runs this owns Custom Code.

CUSTOM-CODE ECU TUNING - JBS

Karl.

Thanks Jay.

Spoken with a couple of companies like awesome GTI, R-tech, Bager5 and it looks like its only darkside developments will do custom maps on any diesel with a hybrid turbo. The rest of them don't. So looks like darkside will be getting a visit from me soon.:blackrs4:

As stated above, deffo worth going JBS autodesigns.. Going to get my A4 2.5 tdi in this summer :)