AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Audi Dynamik

Thread: Thoughts on Number plate style

1st Gear

Status

Thoughts on Number plate style

I'm in the process of getting some new plates made up. Tempted to go with 3D style plates, what are peoples thoughts on these? Or should I stick with plain.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive got domed 3D plates on my RS3 the quality is first class and imo they look great. 3D Domed Resin Gel UK Legal Custom Car Number Plates 20 | eBay

6th Gear

Status
    Ive got the 3D Carbon ones they just give it an extra touch really nice, you also get a few people commenting on it too.
    Fully road legal, but i carry round a document saying so in the glove box just incase you get a copper who doesn't know what he is talking about. Never been pulled for them since ive had them 27000 miles/32 months.
    3D Carbon Domed Text : Demon Plates
    Number Plates | Online Number Plate Builder | Number Plates from 11.80
    kwistof and MA3RC like this.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Vincent Hill On Twitter
    I think you should select 3D gel plates. You can also google for searching more fancy number plates. By seeing yourself, you would come to know more designs about it.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Ive got the 3D Carbon ones they just give it an extra touch really nice, you also get a few people commenting on it too.
    Fully road legal, but i carry round a document saying so in the glove box just incase you get a copper who doesn't know what he is talking about. Never been pulled for them since ive had them 27000 miles/32 months.
    3D Carbon Domed Text : Demon Plates
    Number Plates | Online Number Plate Builder | Number Plates from �11.80
    Really like those 3D carbon boomed text plates.....possibly even more than the road legal metal pressed plates that I've contemplated getting.

What document are you referring to that you carry about in the glove box? Did the company (demonplates) send a letter out with your purchase of the plates to prove they're road legal?
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Really like those 3D carbon boomed text plates.....possibly even more than the road legal metal pressed plates that I've contemplated getting.

What document are you referring to that you carry about in the glove box? Did the company (demonplates) send a letter out with your purchase of the plates to prove they're road legal?

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number...-number-plates
    But as i said, coppers have never gave me any trouble with them, and they have seen them when they pulled me up for speeding a couple of times and not mentioned anything.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.