Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By voorhees
  • 2 Post By jojo
  • 3 Post By voorhees
  • 2 Post By A5BlackEd
  • 2 Post By A5BlackEd
  • 1 Post By A5BlackEd

Thread: Frustrated, why can't salesman make their own decisions?

Neutral

Status

Frustrated, why can't salesman make their own decisions?

We are looking at ordering a new A3 Sportback S-Line for my other half to replace her trusty Skoda Fabia.

I've spec'd the car, got the Audi Code and all I needed now was a finance quote to decide whether to proceed....

I popped into Birmingham Audi earlier, asked to see a sales guy as I wanted a finance quote and was told they were all busy but one should be free in about 5 minutes... 25 minutes later we see a guy, first line was 'I have an appointment in half an hour, but I will see what i can do', I explained situation in scrawled onto his duplicate pad my details and then tapped them into his PC. The Audi code is pretty much useless as to start to prepare the quote he had to keep referring back to the brochure! Once he got to the stage to produce the quote he had to speak to his manager, he came back saying all of the managers were busy as they had other quotes to work on so could i make an appointment and come back another day... In fact I could see them all sat round chatting in the office just off the sales floor, maybe the fact I knew what i wanted and didn't want to be sold anything made them feel i was a time waster but the didn't get off their arse to assist. Might be a flash dealership but service is poor, the guy i met said he would get a quote sorted by the middle of next week (i asked him to email me the details) - not exactly pulling out the stops for an order...

I guess he was trying to see if there was any discount available, which obviously would be greatly received! I assume standard on A3 would be up to 8%?

I wonder if I actually do hear back off him...?
    Last edited by jojo; 5th January 2014 at 15:05.
    His : 2014 A5 Sportback 2.0TDI Black Edition
    Phantom Black | Black Nappa | Tech Pack High | Drive Select | Dynamic Steering | Interior Light & Storage Pack | TPM | Heated & Folding Mirrors | B&O | Heated Seats | Advanced Key | Phone Prep High | DTUK CRD2 | S5 Pedals | Black Badges | Xenon Fog Bulbs | S5 Pedals | Pressed Plates | Mi Witness HD

Hers : 2011 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI Multitronic Black Edition
    Monza Silver| Black Badges | Custom Exhaust | Xenon Fog Bulbs | S5 Pedals | Pressed Plates

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds like you got some poor service there! And I would let Audi UK know if you feel it was that bad.
    I would definitely try a different Audi dealership. Even try a few and if you cant visit some, get a quote over the phone. My local Audi Dealership were telling me that they get a lot of people phoning from all around the UK trying to see what dealership will give them the best quote/discount. Even though they are based in Inverness, they sell cars to buyers in London and elsewhere in the UK!!!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Status
    Go to Stratford-upon-Avon Audi the last time I dealt with them they were good,way better than Coventry Audi
    warren_S5 likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Same dealelr group though.....Listers.....Whats wrong with cov audi then jo?
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    Don't you mean Jase?
    voorhees and johnnythepie like this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    Not very good in my experience with them,from the car they sold me to the servicing they gave me Tom
    jojo, Nilz and johnnythepie like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Soz Jo.....yes i meant jase.Must be my age.Somethings made me blind....Id def contact audi uk, they should jump on it.Did you have a telephone survey? Customer service satisfactions affect bonuses
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Go to Stratford-upon-Avon Audi the last time I dealt with them they were good,way better than Coventry Audi
    We ended up buying a used A4 Avant from Stratford, went to browse to decide if it was A3 or A4 we wanted knowing we were looking at a manual diesel, left buying a petrol multitronic! Very happy with the car
    jojo and voorhees like this.
    Phantom Black | Black Nappa | Tech Pack High | Drive Select | Dynamic Steering | Interior Light & Storage Pack | TPM | Heated & Folding Mirrors | B&O | Heated Seats | Advanced Key | Phone Prep High | DTUK CRD2 | S5 Pedals | Black Badges | Xenon Fog Bulbs | S5 Pedals | Pressed Plates | Mi Witness HD

Monza Silver| Black Badges | Custom Exhaust | Xenon Fog Bulbs | S5 Pedals | Pressed Plates

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A5BlackEd View Post
    We ended up buying a used A4 Avant from Stratford, went to browse to decide if it was A3 or A4 we wanted knowing we were looking at a manual diesel, left buying a petrol multitronic! Very happy with the car
    Sounds good to me, post pics when you get it, ?I may even try and spot you.

Neutral

Status
    Here you go

A401.jpg
    A402.jpg
    jojo and ScottishS3 like this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Here you go

A401.jpg
    A402.jpg
    That's very nice, wouldn't mind one of these to replace my ageing Passat(B5), one day perhaps...

2nd Gear

Status
    Very nice, is that sports or s line suspension?

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, we are well happy with it Now is rebadged with black Audi badges so looks a little cleaner...

Need to check the sticker on the car, I suspect sports as ride is quite comfortable... Having s-line on my A5 so should be able to tell the difference then too

5th Gear

Status
    Nice car mate and nice colour!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Status
    Another vote for Stratford here, Christian has always been very good in terms of support and aftercare service too.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Nice car mate and nice colour!
    Thanks

Gonna spend some time detailing, painting calipers black and hopefully upgrade rear lamps to the 2013 ones
    ScottishS3 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks

Gonna spend some time detailing, painting calipers black and hopefully upgrade rear lamps to the 2013 ones
    Painting my calipers was one of the first things I did as well:

You will have more luck upgrading your rear lights as most on eBay seem to be for the Avant. I can never find decent priced ones for the saloon!

Keep us updated on your mods!

Neutral

Status
    They look sweet, just waiting for some decent weather to do ours!