Just had service but clocks do not show miles to next service???

syko89

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my B7 A4 serviced earlier this week at a local garage. They said they reset the service interval but when i click the spanner it doesn't give a milage/time until the next service, just has '--- miles'. Is this normal or should it say how many miles remaining straight after resetting?

I wasn't sure whether you had to drive a few hundred miles before it started calculating or whether the garage have done something wrong trying to reset it?

Cheers

Just keep track manually, :rolleyes: don't always rely on machines :)

Yeah it should start working in a few days/ some miles. I was confused when it happened to me too. I'm sure there's a specific mileage/ time, but I have no idea what it is.

It took the bloke 25 mins to do apparently, so would rather know its been done right if I paid for the privilage.

crazy88 - thats great mate cheers, I'll give it another check in a week or so :beerchug:

It took the bloke 25 mins to do apparently, so would rather know its been done right if I paid for the privilage.

As said above, you'll be alright, it'll just do its normal co outer work, rubbish, and calculate it.

8-12k I say :) depending on how much you drive.