Monster MotorsportBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook

Wheel repair options.

My RSTT reps have been curbed to hell (for some reason i just failed at parallel parking for the first few months of having this car, despite having no problems in my last 2 cars that didn't have power steering)

The upside! i have use of a workshop in work. if it was a couple small patches i'ld just sand and fill them, but most of the wheels have curbing around alot of the wheel, would my best option to be get the tyres pulled then weld (im hoping normal aluminium tig welding should do the job) over all the damage and then file/sand it down before painting them (or powdercoat if i can find someone to do it for a reasonable price). Or should i just try and fill it all? I would just keep my eyes open for a second hand set but im already spending a tonne on a full rad hose kit (i dont trust old rubber hoses) and getting quite a few pannels resprayed.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    pay to have them done by professionals mate, will only cost £60 a rim. Then learn to park lol

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavis89 View Post
    My RSTT reps have been curbed to hell (for some reason i just failed at parallel parking for the first few months of having this car, despite having no problems in my last 2 cars that didn't have power parallel

The upside! i have use of a workshop in work. if it was a couple small patches i'ld just sand and fill them, but most of the wheels have curbing around alot of the wheel, would my best option to be get the tyres pulled then weld (im hoping normal aluminium tig welding should do the job) over all the damage and then file/sand it down before painting them (or powdercoat if i can find someone to do it for a reasonable price). Or should i just try and fill it all? I would just keep my eyes open for a second hand set but im already spending a tonne on a full rad hose kit (i dont trust old rubber hoses) and getting quite a few pannels resprayed.
    Ban yourself from parallel parking
    Tovs

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I don't have a choice until I buy a new house thankfully I have learnt to park since then. £60 per rim doesn't seem worth it to me seeing as they are only reps. Might just have to accept defeat and buy a new set of wheels then repair these myself and sell them. If they are weldable then it'll be easy, all I do in work is tig weld so I'm pretty handy at it
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room