AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By AlexGSi2000
  • 1 Post By AlexGSi2000

Thread: BP Garages

2nd Gear

Status

BP Garages

Does anyone else have a problem with these??? Namely theones that have an M&S attached??? Lol
    If nothing else I’m a man of habit, and routinely fill upat my local BP as I’m coming through Kent, the problem I have is that I have towait what seems like an age ( normally is ) for people who have decided to do a weekly shopwhilst getting petrol, so not only do I have to wait to get a pump, I then haveto wait whilst the person pays for their 20 bags of shopping ( ok that’s a blatantlie but seems like it )!!!!! Give me a separate till pleassssseeeeeeeee lol!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Same for the Esso garages with Tesco express attached.
    I just stick to Shell - you couldnt do your weekly shop in there without remortgaging your house.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGSi2000 View Post
    Same for the Esso garages with Tesco express attached.
    I just stick to Shell - you couldnt do your weekly shop in there without remortgaging your house.
    Lol - this is sound advice.

Just go to Shell
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

5th Gear

Status
    Shell garages are a dying breed! You never seem to see hardly any of them anymore!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Boo!

Status
    Number3 you need to vote with your feet (or your wheels) and go elsewhere.

The few times I been caught short and used one of them said Garages, I find when I get the till’s in sight, the norm is to see 3 tills and only one cashier….Drive’s me mad so I don’t use them.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    lol this really grinds my gears, but luckily I love music, and well the ipod in my car has a lot of it!
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I must be lucky, there's a choice of 4 Shell's I can use between my place of work and home, depending on which way I choose to go home. There's also a BP/marks&sparks over the road form one of the Shell's which is pretty handy for buying things at 2am on a Sunday morning!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2nd Gear

Status
    I do have a shell that I go past on the A21, though it's currently being revamped, but it's on a stretch of road that's a bugger to get out of !! So I always give it a swerve!

saying that it's probably being revamped to include a bloody tesco!!!! Lol

i wonder where all the shell garages have gone??

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    i wonder where all the shell garages have gone??
    There across the county in Kent

The Shell app is pretty handy if your on the move a lot as it can direct you to the nearest shell garage. I use it quiet a lot as I'm always off and out round the UK
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Neutral

Status
    Happily enough a BP local to me has recently been taken over by a Shell franchise. Just car stuff and fags ect in there now thank fook.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I do have a shell that I go past on the A21, though it's currently being revamped, but it's on a stretch of road that's a bugger to get out of !! So I always give it a swerve.
    I think I know that one. Is it on the single-carriageway stretch just south of Tunbridge Wells?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

5th Gear

Status
    I wonder where all the shell garages have gone??
    Up to Liverpool I think! - We've had about 4 new ones open up within the last year - Loads of em up here.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I think I know that one. Is it on the single-carriageway stretch just south of Tunbridge Wells?
    yep that's the one !!!

6th Gear

Status
    I stopped using the Shell near me because every time i went in they just persistently wouldn't stop asking if i wanted to buy any chocolate, i told them i don't want any and i told them not to ask me again numerous times and they carried on asking me so i just used a Shell elsewhere.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    yep that's the one !!!
    It's not big enough to have a tesco add on surely!! (Hopefully)

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4sportMrT View Post
    It's not big enough to have a tesco add on surely!! (Hopefully)
    It's deceptive. It looks a tiny little site, but there's a fair-sized commercial vehicles sales business tucked on the side. Number3 is right about it bring tricky to leave. The flow of traffic is frequent and slow, with only occasional gaps to drive into, plus it's an uphill launch. You need a bit of luck and good timing. Mind you, four-wheel drive, automatic transmission and 385 lb/ft of torque helps
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

1st Gear

Status
    Hmm, I've never stopped there so It's only from what I've seen when driving past or I've been kind enough to let some poor soul out. But from the looks of it it just doesn't look very big. What work is being done there? Drove past yesterday on way home from brands hatch but didn't quite catch what it said

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4sportMrT View Post
    Hmm, I've never stopped there so It's only from what I've seen when driving past or I've been kind enough to let some poor soul out. But from the looks of it it just doesn't look very big. What work is being done there? Drove past yesterday on way home from brands hatch but didn't quite catch what it said
    I think it's just a general refurbishment.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I think it's just a general refurbishment.
    sure that's what it notes on the signs! I has also heard talk that the duel carrigdeways on the A21 through that part were being extended ??? So thought initially that was the start!!! Lol as in it was getting moved back further from the road.