AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Free Audi Health Check

I have my car booked in for a health check thats coming up and wondered what was involved? Is it similar to a pre-mot check? I phoned them up to complain about the oil pump issues with the 2.0 tdi engines and they said along the lines of "we understand what you're saying. If you're worried about it then bring it in for a free health check". I was thinking though, this isnt going to tell me whether my car is chain or gear driven or anything relating to the issue i complained about. So wondered what it was they will check. Im going to bring it in anyways as ive only had it for 2 months and wanted to see what they say about it.Has anyone had any experience with these health checks?Cheers, Kev.

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    No experience personally but definitely decline a 'free' car wash if they offer it with the health check.....unless they will be paying for the repairs to the paint they make in the process! lol
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Chances of your car coming out of a 'free' health check with a clean bill of health is very slim methinks. Dealers like to keep things on top condition, so if something is 50% worn! they will tell you it needs replacing!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Neutral

Status
    I will tell them to leave the car wash and I will be taking my car elsewhere for a second opinion on whatever they say. I did kind of think there's a reason they offer free health checks.

Why did u put free in quotes mate? Is there some hidden charges involved in this? I'm not willing to pay 1p for this so if they decide to charge me for something I have not agreed to anything involving cost. I'm doing a 300 mile round trip so any downsides to this would be appreciated

Kev.

1st Gear

Status
    All franchised dealers do something called an eVHC checkup (Electronic Vehicle Health Check) - but there really isn't anything electronic about it.

Basically they walk around your car visually inspecting things like tyres, brakes, corrosion, windscreen damage, paintwork damage etc. They may also check your levels.

At this point they then feed this information into their system which will give you a print out with Red, Amber or Green work required. Red being "get the work done now - it's potentially dangerous", Amber being "you could do with sorting this soon", Green being "its fine - keep checking though".

The reason it's free is that they've basically captured your contact information, car details, mileage and any red or amber work that could be repaired. They quote you on both the red or amber but you don't have to use them for it.

In my opinion, it's worth doing for peace of mind and if they pick something up (they not in it to rip you off - social media and forums can be a scary proposition for businesses), why not get it sorted.

HTH.
    2007 A3 S Line Quattro 170 TDi

1st Gear

Status
    Oh, and when I had mine done the chap asked me if I wanted it washing - my response was "Have you seen my car - you'll make it dirty!", to which he just chuckled!
    2007 A3 S Line Quattro 170 TDi