CVT or not to CVT / 2.5 V6 or 1.9?

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at some Audi A6's. My requirements are 2.5 V6 power plant. Quattro a bonus. Avant a bonus too. Manual or Auto.

I've also been doing some reading about CVT and reliability. It has put me off a little. How likely is a 2002/3 A6 with high-ish miles to have had the 7-clutch and software upgrade? Anyway of knowing without paperwork?

Am I right that Quattro doesn't use the CVT system?

My old A6 2.5 was a 2001 Manual.

I know Adamss24 is selling an A6 for a decent price, but i'd like a newer (2001+) model. Am I being too picky? lol.

Would be looking to do some mods/power upgrades to it but not sure yet.

I'm not sure a 1.9TDi would be quick enough for me and my driving habits? To me, i prefer 'V' engines over 'in-line' engines everyday. Hence my 3.9 V8i Disco.

Ta.

Hi,

Looking at some Audi A6's. My requirements are 2.5 V6 power plant. Quattro a bonus. Avant a bonus too. Manual or Auto.

I've also been doing some reading about CVT and reliability. It has put me off a little. How likely is a 2002/3 A6 with high-ish miles to have had the 7-clutch and software upgrade? Anyway of knowing without paperwork?

Am I right that Quattro doesn't use the CVT system?

My old A6 2.5 was a 2001 Manual.

I know Adamss24 is selling an A6 for a decent price, but i'd like a newer (2001+) model. Am I being too picky? lol.

Would be looking to do some mods/power upgrades to it but not sure yet.

I'm not sure a 1.9TDi would be quick enough for me and my driving habits? To me, i prefer 'V' engines over 'in-line' engines everyday. Hence my 3.9 V8i Disco.

Ta.
I have a FWD 2003 a6 avant as well, black, i will take a few pictures of it and upload them on the forum, 142k, SE spec, auto gearbox, cruise, climate, rear parking sensors,etc. What is your budget ? I will advertise it towards the end of the week...

Most CVT 2.5 tdi had already the upgrade as the engine produces much more torque than a 1.9Tdi so they failed quicker ! With every failure audi upgraded the clutch pack...

I have a FWD 2003 a6 avant as well, black, i will take a few pictures of it and upload them on the forum, 142k, SE spec, auto gearbox, cruise, climate, rear parking sensors,etc. What is your budget ? I will advertise it towards the end of the week...

Most CVT 2.5 tdi had already the upgrade as the engine produces much more torque than a 1.9Tdi so they failed quicker ! With every failure audi upgraded the clutch pack...

Ah ok, so hopefully all good. Can't wait for pictures Adamss24.