Chris NottSky Insurance
    Fire up the Quattro!

Status

CVT or not to CVT / 2.5 V6 or 1.9?

Hi,

Looking at some Audi A6's. My requirements are 2.5 V6 power plant. Quattro a bonus. Avant a bonus too. Manual or Auto.

I've also been doing some reading about CVT and reliability. It has put me off a little. How likely is a 2002/3 A6 with high-ish miles to have had the 7-clutch and software upgrade? Anyway of knowing without paperwork?

Am I right that Quattro doesn't use the CVT system?

My old A6 2.5 was a 2001 Manual.

I know Adamss24 is selling an A6 for a decent price, but i'd like a newer (2001+) model. Am I being too picky? lol.

Would be looking to do some mods/power upgrades to it but not sure yet.

I'm not sure a 1.9TDi would be quick enough for me and my driving habits? To me, i prefer 'V' engines over 'in-line' engines everyday. Hence my 3.9 V8i Disco.

Ta.
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S4_dan View Post
    Hi,

Looking at some Audi A6's. My requirements are 2.5 V6 power plant. Quattro a bonus. Avant a bonus too. Manual or Auto.

I've also been doing some reading about CVT and reliability. It has put me off a little. How likely is a 2002/3 A6 with high-ish miles to have had the 7-clutch and software upgrade? Anyway of knowing without paperwork?

Am I right that Quattro doesn't use the CVT system?

My old A6 2.5 was a 2001 Manual.

I know Adamss24 is selling an A6 for a decent price, but i'd like a newer (2001+) model. Am I being too picky? lol.

Would be looking to do some mods/power upgrades to it but not sure yet.

I'm not sure a 1.9TDi would be quick enough for me and my driving habits? To me, i prefer 'V' engines over 'in-line' engines everyday. Hence my 3.9 V8i Disco.

Ta.
    I have a FWD 2003 a6 avant as well, black, i will take a few pictures of it and upload them on the forum, 142k, SE spec, auto gearbox, cruise, climate, rear parking sensors,etc. What is your budget ? I will advertise it towards the end of the week...

Most CVT 2.5 tdi had already the upgrade as the engine produces much more torque than a 1.9Tdi so they failed quicker ! With every failure audi upgraded the clutch pack...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I have a FWD 2003 a6 avant as well, black, i will take a few pictures of it and upload them on the forum, 142k, SE spec, auto gearbox, cruise, climate, rear parking sensors,etc. What is your budget ? I will advertise it towards the end of the week...

Most CVT 2.5 tdi had already the upgrade as the engine produces much more torque than a 1.9Tdi so they failed quicker ! With every failure audi upgraded the clutch pack...
    Ah ok, so hopefully all good. Can't wait for pictures Adamss24.
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.