EGR delete...is it worth it ?

Chiefnutter

Reaction score
Just wanted peoples opinions on the above.....Im having a re-map & DPF delete next week, but it doesnt include deleting the EGR valve & they garage have said it wont make any difference even if it was......?

So....is it better to have the EGR deleted as well.....or doesnt matter ?
Thanks in advance ;-)

Just wanted peoples opinions on the above.....Im having a re-map & DPF delete next week, but it doesnt include deleting the EGR valve & they garage have said it wont make any difference even if it was......?

So....is it better to have the EGR deleted as well.....or doesnt matter ?
Thanks in advance ;-)

So are they implying that the EGR system is completely pointless or something? It WILL make a difference as it will reduce smoke output from the engine, I'd advise it with a DPF delete to be honest as the smoke will be more noticeable now than ever before. Definitely get it deleted.

Its one thing I normally do when doing DPF deletes is to do the EGR delete. Customers always comment on how much smoother it is and if you do happen to get it deleted you'll never have any EGR problems and limp home mode ever again.

Well....when i asked on the phone if the EGR was going to be deleted as well....they just said..why?....doesnt need to be...I googled it and most sites say it wont make much difference to power & infact it can increase fuel consumption...but most on here say delete it..?

egr is pants
its there for emmissions only
it diverts allready burnt exhaust gases back into engine to be burnt again!
i would like to know how you can reburn soot on a diesel engine?
this is some of the reason why the variable veins of the turbo clog
so get it deleted

As mentioned previously, EGR on diesels is purely for emissions (NOx in particular). It will reduce smoke output from the engine and also prevent clogging up of your intake system if you get it deleted. EGR systems improve fuel consumption on petrol engines. Get it deleted if I were you. I'd rather have my car breathing in 100% fresh air through the air filter.

Also the EGR valve has the nasty habbit to clog and brake. And a new one is expensive. One pain in the ... less.