Audi LED Lights

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Ingolstance did a series of pictures detailing the Audi LED headlights, I thought it was cool, very clever and interesting.
The Audi stand at AITP had the new RS6 with all LED headlights and this got me thinking.

This is obviously the beginning of the end for incandescent bulbs/headlights but does it mean the beginning of throw away headlights?
LED flickers or goes pop and you have to bin a £1400 headlight and buy another one?
If that's the case that raises other questions.
Does that mean the cars with LED headlights fitted will depreciate faster?

I guess with any new technology there might be bugs and longevity issues but I'm interested to see what happens when the cars with these headlights fitted have ran out of warranty and bout 6 years old. Will people just bin them or fit standard halogen units.
Whatever happens the chinese are rubbing their hands together thinking how much money they will make on cheap LED head lights.

Thats my random thought for the day.

Here's some links to the Ingolstance pics.
Today, we're going to focus on LED Lighting technology!

This is a 2010 R8, where Audi first introduced LED headlights.

Here we have a breakdown of an A6 headlight.

Audi now offer LED technology throughout the range.

These are some of the way's Audi have been using LED technology.

LED headlights will soon be available on new S3's.

And of course, the one and only....S8!

Reactions: dieseldoos and t8ups
I have often thought this. Even more so now mine has the LED strip in the front lights, and rear LED lights. I think its the start of more small repair companys who are able to replace the LEDs, or aftermarket cloan type LED lights.