Traction on or off for trackday??

Paradox1

Reaction score
Just wondering what most people prefer.

only been on track in my last 1.8t at castle combe. the track was wet and too slippy for a fwd car to drive as fast as I would like to and stop in time aswell, so I decided to keep my traction turned on.

On a dry day though it would have been off

don't let the nanny state of traction control rule coz you wont develop any skills.
disable it and build up your skills gradually

All aids off, if the car does most of the work for you you will be slower and not learn anything, I don't even like the ABS when on track

Turn it off!
I find TC abit too intrusive.

I.e - if I require a little overstear the TC cuts in and messes it all up.
Iv got into the routine of turning off TC whenever I get into the car.

TC is great if the inexpirienced driver gets into a tricky situation - same with ABS.. but I prefer no driver aids.

I think you need to do more than one trackday to turn it off imho

All aids off, if the car does most of the work for you you will be slower and not learn anything, I don't even like the ABS when on track

This all day long....

Reducing as many driving aids as possible will not only increase your driving skills, but will help you bring in decent laps and times in the long run.

Plus there is more self satisfaction putting together a few fast corners/laps all on your own without the help of an ECU and various lights flashing on your cluster! lol

I only turn it off if I wanna launch it on the roads, but I leave it on when on the road normally. If I was to get on a track, definitely off. Theres two stages on my car first is TC (traction control) and the second is ESP so not sure if I'd turn ESP off, probably only TC.

I've coded my ESP so it's always off as it was just a pita.

Is there any way to reverse the ESP switch on an 8P S3 via VCDS. I switch it off all the time but it would be easier if it was constantly off and pressing the switch would turn it on.

Nige.....any ideas???

Reactions: JudderMan
Is there any way to reverse the ESP switch on an 8P S3 via VCDS. I switch it off all the time but it would be easier if it was constantly off and pressing the switch would turn it on.

Nige.....any ideas???

If it can be done on the 8L I'm sure it can be done on the 8P too.

The ESP button was always the first thing I pressed when I got in my car. Love the fact it's disabled now.