What did they do to my wheels?

acitrano

Reaction score
Hi guys -

Just got my '13 S5 back from her 5k service. The convertible top had stopped working (!) and they fixed that. A few other minor things.

Anyway, I know tire rotation is part of the 5k. At first I didn't even think they'd rotated them (I'm still not 100% sure) but I was looking at my wheels and they now have these weird rounded marks on them, just outside the lug nut holes. I've attached a picture.

They are not dirt - they are actual impressions / gouges in the metal. I know they're minor but it's really annoying. At first I was thinking it could be from the hydraulic wrench but I am having a hard time visualizing how this could be done ... any thoughts?

Before this, the wheels have never been removed since I bought the car.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374592318.960097.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374592318.960097.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 312
take it back to them

dificult to prove unless you have before pics - they could even argue that you picked up the damage from stone chips after taking delivery of the car.

typical grease momkey bashing about with an air gun, take it back, but maybe have a sly little nose around at used cars on the forcourt for similar marks!

dificult to prove unless you have before pics - they could even argue that you picked up the damage from stone chips after taking delivery of the car.

That'd be pretty hard to argue given the perfectly rounded nature / pattern of the marks and the fact that they're on multiple wheels in the same locations ...

My guess is that the marks are from the breaker bar they would have used to loosen the nuts with.

I'd go down there and ask to see the tool and see if it's capable of making those marks and complain tbh.

Hi all - sorry to necropost but wanted you to know what happened. The dealer had all the wheels repaired by their wheel repair dude and they looked as good as new. Of course, in the meantime, I've already crunched one...
frown.gif

This is why I can't have nice things haha always the way, sorry to hear about this.