S3 replacment

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
Well I've made my mind up that after spending close to £1600 on the Audi the past 2 months its time to sell up and start saving up, I mean a house isn't going to buy its self is it :ermm:

I have a works van with a decent fuel allowance so that can be my everyday car, but as for a toy im going old skool. Old skools cool :o.k:

I have chased a bloke up I know who has a mk1 cavalier 1600gl, who originally brought it to race it in a pre 80's banger meeting and to say its in good shape is an understatement. Its red with dark red interior, not everybody's taste I know, but I cant help but picture it slammed on some banded steels looking tough as nails! I will update with pictures in the week when I have had a look at it, but this is the basic idea:

eurocave - Google Search

eurocave - Google Search

what do you guys think? :)

All depends how much you want to spend.

for old school

Mk1/mk2 Golf
Feista xr2

few examples but it depends what your into and your budget. fwd,rwd etc

I like all the above you have mentioned, but all are the typical old skool motors to go for IMO. I offered this bloke £300 for the cav, he said I can have it for £350, in my eyes that is 1 cheap retro motor. I believe these mk1 cav's are rwd. I'm not interested at 1st of making it any quicker, id like it to be economical tbh as it saving that's more important haha. Well that's what she say's :slap:

Yeah go for it then. end of the day its not your daily so just a bit of fun.

only think with such a old car is rust. worth jacking it up before you buy it. last think you want is to jump on the brakes and you feet hit the roads like flinstones!

Reactions: s3clarke
Thats a beaut,my mate goes for the classic cars hes most recent acquisition is a toyota celica gt4

That looks badass!!! I can see that slammed with a chunky set of rims on it..

well I tried to write back on my phone last night but it wouldn't let me after id written a mammoth paragraph!
I had a look at the cavalier last night (which isn't the car pictured) tbh its not as good as I remember but its not bad for a 35yr old car. it'd need a couple of front wings, a plate in the drivers floor and a plate on the rear pass side sill. the boot and under the bonnet is pristine. the doors are in good condition, the car as a whole is more than doable for a nice road car.
I guess with me doing most of the work including spraying it I could easily throw a grand at it. Still say £1500 max including the car isn't bad really, there's an ok looking 1 on the bay for £1800.
Well I've just got to weigh my options up now.. do I put a lot of time and effort into this car and risk losing interest searching for bits, or do I just sell the Audi, drive the van around and save like a tight B*stard haha.. Cars are my downfall, I tell you if I didn't like cars id be rich :sob:

Sounds like a good project.
Im almost in the same predicament.

Iv been looking at purchasing a house for the past two years, Iv been saving every month towards it, if I hadn't I'm 99% sure I would have purchased a B5 RS4. Needs must I guess.
Now im very close to moving out I have thought about the car and the need for other things.
Having spent the best part of £6k on the car in the past year its belonged to me, it makes no sense whatsoever to sell for anything else.
My plan is to keep the car and find a cheap daily fairly soon (Corsa 1.3 cdti, Bora 1.9) keep the A4 and go down the route of a sportsbike for thrills in a few years time.

Sounds like a good project.
Im almost in the same predicament.

Iv been looking at purchasing a house for the past two years, Iv been saving every month towards it, if I hadn't I'm 99% sure I would have purchased a B5 RS4. Needs must I guess.
Now im very close to moving out I have thought about the car and the need for other things.
Having spent the best part of £6k on the car in the past year its belonged to me, it makes no sense whatsoever to sell for anything else.
My plan is to keep the car and find a cheap daily fairly soon (Corsa 1.3 cdti, Bora 1.9) keep the A4 and go down the route of a sportsbike for thrills in a few years time.
Snap! Putting in for my direct access next year :)

Snap! Putting in for my direct access next year :)

I meant to do it years ago! Im pretty sure I will be wondering why I didn't do it sooner when I eventually get round to it.

I did my CBT 3 years ago on a 50cc bike - even that was fun.

Cars are money pits! - FACT! I run a multiple of cars, and the cheapest to run is my mk2 Golf, it sneaked past the MOT last week, but the mot guy did stress that next year will be a different story, and I insure it on a Classic car policy, which is 200 quid f/c, but roadtax is £225.

Well I had a good think about this 1 and I think I'm going to give it a miss. The car is more than worthy to give a nice restoration, but I've already got my hands full with my stock cars, my Brothers Metro project, the house saving, Bike license next year and the holiday next year also. Damm :crying: I had good visions of this car rolling on deep dishes and scrapping the floor.