BP ultimate diesel

mikeyboy

S-line
Reaction score
Anyone on here use this stuff & if so is it any good? We don't get v power diesel where I stay just v power unleaded, currently using shell diesel extra but quite tempted to try BP ultimate. I would prefer to try v power but if I cant get it BP ultimate has to be next best thing. Cheers.

I ran it for a couple of months in my PD golf when it first came out. It didn't produce any noticeable performance benefits but the engine was a liitle more responsive and I managed to get about 2-3mpg more from each tank.

On the other hand, when I bought the S3 it felt a bit sluggish and after a few tankfulls of V-Power / Momentum it is a different animal.

What I would say though is that the difference is more noticeable with petrol than diesel, so unless you're running a highly tuned diesel I wouldn't bother if I was you.

BTW my golf was putting out about 200bhp.

It didn't produce any noticeable performance benefits but the engine was a liitle more responsive and I managed to get about 2-3mpg more from each tank.

The same here and unless black smoke on heavy acceleration.

Never heard of Bp Ultimate Diesel before, they don't have it in my neck of the woods.

V-Power Diesel Nitro+ gives me better MPG, smoother engine, quieter engine and less smoke. Heard good things about BP Ultimate too but never tried it as I'm loyal to Shell lol

Never heard of it or seen it until this thread, they don't have it at the bo which is like a 5 second walk from me.

I wouldn't really say much i mean though is that the distinction is more recognizable with fuel than diesel fuel, so unless you're operating a very updated diesel fuel i wouldn't hassle as if i were you . . . . . . . .