Shell VPower Nitro+

I actually emailed shall about this a few days ago but didn't get a reply as yet. They use this fuel in the Philippines. I think it might be replacing V-Power, or a similar fuel

I got that email this morning saying I got 100 bonus points if I fill up before the 15th May so it has to be soon. Bet it's just near racetracks/drag strips though or London. Can't see the majority of people wanting to spend even more on arguably better fuel. Love how there was a 2p drop on petrol prices shouted about in the press but no one mentioned the 10p increase we've seen since January.

Jan 4th VPower was £1.32.9 here and now it's £1.42.9 - granted it was £1.46.9 a few weeks ago.

Hmm - interesting, no technical details on there, would be interesting to see the octane & cetane ratings.

I got that email this morning saying I got 100 bonus points if I fill up before the 15th May so it has to be soon. Bet it's just near racetracks/drag strips though or London. Can't see the majority of people wanting to spend even more on arguably better fuel. Love how there was a 2p drop on petrol prices shouted about in the press but no one mentioned the 10p increase we've seen since January.

Jan 4th VPower was £1.32.9 here and now it's £1.42.9 - granted it was £1.46.9 a few weeks ago.

Regular unleaded is 1.35.9 near my house at the moment from Tesco. I think the Nitro + is replacing V-power so i presume it i will be available at all stations! It certainly doesn't bother me paying a few more pence per litre for performance fuel.

Paid for an S3, insurance for an S3, ruthless road tax for it, already spend thousands per year on fuel, just a drop in the ocean really the slight higher price

Judderman - you beat me too it lol I just go the same E-mail and thought id post it on here!

Just seems like a revised version of V-power. would be nice if it was 103 octane :rock:

Rumour on an M3 forum says its today when its available at pumps in oxford. Possibly everywhere. Might have a look later

It is available today....here is a little extract from the email I got sent this morning from Shell Drivers club

'Fill up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ before 15.5.2013 and you'll get 100 Bonus Points, so try it for yourself today.'

This has been discussed on the VAG Facebook page and as far as we can make out its the same 99 Octane rating - but with 'added' additives that work immediately....a load of marketing non sense IMO....I just want to know if it gives me any extra BHP and if it's proven to be better than Momentum!

I think it is the same as V-Power but like other have said with added additives which help clear away the carbon deposits. Think of it as V-Power combined with BG-44k.

I know its available from my local Shell (Leicestershire) today, I need to fuel up tonight regardless so I'll give it a go. I usually use Vpower so I'll be interested to see if theres any noticeable difference.

The cashier also told be last week they'll be no price difference between VPower and Nitro as its a direct replacement, but she also said it was a higher octane which doesn't seem to be the case?

Reactions: JudderMan
Got this mail today too, need to fill up later as well so will see how it goes in Brum

Been avaliable in my local in Chichester since Monday. Asked the guy about it and he said its a new refined product. I asked in what way and i think i might have been speaking in dutch as i think he was all out of answers from then on.

V Power is 99 Octane, so is this, I filled up with it last night, seemed ok to me.

I asked the guy what the difference was and he said its higher octane, but it isnt, so i asked some more, where he ended up just getting flustered and said all the info is in this leaflet and sent me on my way!! LOL

Its the cleaning agents that are better. I thought V Power was 98 and nitro is noe 99 ? Thats what i was told in the garage when i filled up.

Good job Shell have informed their staff ! :think:

I'm gonna fill up today, ill see if they have it in cov!

V-Power was 98 octane, Nitro+ is 99 octane with more cleansing additives.

Nitro+ replaces V-Power. I will be filling up tonight.....will post results if any noticeable differences are had.

We have it here in southampton, gona fill up on wednesday for my Revo & RR

Filled up with it on Thursday.

Can't say I've noticed a difference from normal VPower. Might be a little bit more spluttery on overrun. Maybe.

If v power is 98 octane and nitro is 99 why has tesco momentum always been 99 same fuel little bit less cost I used to run v power on my starlet gt turbo now I got the s3 I have stuck to tesco momentum as it close to my house when I need to fill up and it cheaper little savings on the big s3 fuel tank takes £70 easy that would be a tank and half on the gt lol

V-Power was 98 octane, Nitro+ is 99 octane with more cleansing additives.

Nitro+ replaces V-Power. I will be filling up tonight.....will post results if any noticeable differences are had.

V Power is/was 99 RON. Optimax was 98 RON. Be interested to hear your feedback nonetheless :)

I filled up with this on Saturday and was the first time i'd seen anything about this. I noticed it was 1.44 a liter.

I filled up yesterday morning with the Nitro+ and it seems good, Cant really tell a difference but i just had to test it and give it a blast not going to tell you the speed though :blink:

Just been on a 400 mile run this weekend and used VPower on the way there and BP Ultimatum (;)) on the way back. BP stuff seems to be better on fuel 45mpg on the way back (sedately) and 37mpg on the way there (similar driving but more overtakes). Didn't see Nitro between Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and more places.

My local shell has just changed to the nitro+, filled up today will it and at £1.40.9 I thought that wasn't bad, see if I notice any difference over the next week.

Just been on a 400 mile run this weekend and used VPower on the way there and BP Ultimatum (;)) on the way back. BP stuff seems to be better on fuel 45mpg on the way back (sedately) and 37mpg on the way there (similar driving but more overtakes). Didn't see Nitro between Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and more places.

I'm almost certain that it takes a few full tanks of the same fuel for your knock sensor to pick up the change in RON and adjust any ignition timing.

Going from 1 full tank of V Power Nito+ to BP Ultimate is no real comparison tbh.

Fairy nuff :) Must have been driving slower on the way back. Think that it's seeing an increase in mpg from not having lights/heater/ etc on full belt compared to the wintry weather a few weeks back.

On a side note, although I think S3s look much better than A3s after seeing 45mpg I can't see the appeal of running around doing 25mpg, having to pay at least £3k for one, and most likely more for insurance. Just need a remap for mine to give similar performance to a standard S3 (200bhp minus the 200kg penalty of an S3).

Fairy nuff :) Must have been driving slower on the way back. Think that it's seeing an increase in mpg from not having lights/heater/ etc on full belt compared to the wintry weather a few weeks back.

On a side note, although I think S3s look much better than A3s after seeing 45mpg I can't see the appeal of running around doing 25mpg, having to pay at least £3k for one, and most likely more for insurance. Just need a remap for mine to give similar performance to a standard S3 (200bhp minus the 200kg penalty of an S3).

AUM rules!:arco:

Reactions: JudderMan
Placebo.

On Thursday I drove home to Basingstoke. Necked the car with VPower and drove 177 miles non stop to my mothers driveway from my local station which didn't have "Nitro+."

Averaged 37.3 MPG and an average speed of 64mph.

Did another 200 miles messing about at home, necked the car with this V-Power Nitro+ stuff in Basingstoke and reset the mpg and speed this morning before I left. Drove 178 miles home from the same driveway to the same parking space exactly the same pump at the same Shell station I filled up at last Thursday.

Averaged 37.1mpg, average speed 66mph.

I see no difference, and if anybodies car was going to show up a benefit it would be mine.

Jardo- stick with the Nitro+ and let us know if you see any change with the mpg with your longer journeys, like I mentioned above the knock sensor needs a good few tanks to sort itself out to what it's been used to.

I personally have seen a small difference and my other mates who own non VAG motors are also having this exact discussion on their relevant forums and a few have also seen an small increase in MPG.

Wish I had cruise control to take any driver inputs out of the equation really.

Filled my tank with the diesel variant (V-Power Diesel Nitro+) for 147.9p/L in Manchester (2p less than what I paid for V-Power Diesel back in Leicester the week before). Trip seems to think I'm getting more miles to the tank ATM but I did do a long run back down from Manchester. Will do some calculations after a couple more fill ups over the next two weeks and post anything useful. But one thing for sure, my car smokes less on V-Power Diesel compared to Tesco regular diesel.

Agu for the win :)

LOL. ME3 doesn't know ANYTHING past the MAF, and the AGU head is arguable for a daily driver. They're clumsy, basic, difficult to tune, inconsistent and ****ing brilliant :D

I will do Kwistof, I've been an avid fan of V Power for years and have done ECU resets in the past to confirm the gains to other members with timing, airflow and MPG logs to back it all up.

If they are running out V Power I will have to go Nitro+ and see how I go.

One thing I will say which didn't click earlier, after a full throttle second, third and fourth gear constant WOT pull I had HUGE fuel dumping from 5k up in 4th. It has never done that before. And the only variant is the fuel.

One thing I will say which didn't click earlier, after a full throttle second, third and fourth gear constant WOT pull I had HUGE fuel dumping from 5k up in 4th. It has never done that before. And the only variant is the fuel.

Interesting...what are the reasons why it would do this?