2nd Gear

Status
    azialex likes this.
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Really interesting, i'm thinking of this for my S4.
    Long time Porsche addict.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy102 View Post
    Really interesting, i'm thinking of this for my S4.
    I really love the S4's being understated and stealthy. Im impressed that the is virtually no difference when that S4 is running about 30bhp less too

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wow, that S4 is amazing with the revo software. I spent 5 years in a B7 RS4 which probably wouldn't touch that pair. Definitely keeping an eye on S4.

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    this revo sps... does it come blank of course and you load your own tweaks and map on to it?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quite impressive to be honest, but as most people who have owned a turbocharged car before, it's not difficult to extract more power out of them.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Greeny233 On Twitter Add Greeny233 on Facebook Add Greeny233 on Google+ Visit Greeny233's Youtube Channel Visit Greeny233's Instagram Channel
    Did you see how much the remap was! £1200! For a software upgrade that's ridiculous. It only took 5 seconds to download the new map.
    Total spend £6600 on a remap, exhaust and big brakes! That's £1500 more than my car cost. Impressive results but not £6600 worth.
    Last edited by Greeny233; 5th April 2013 at 00:28.
    Chris "the machine" Green.
    2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi Sport Quattro Avant

1st Gear

Status
    Great video.
    I'm a huge fan of the B8 S4 since one of my OH's clients bought one (I've driven it a few times).

Fantastic cars even in stock form.

Neutral

Status
    The serial port switch is only £118.80, then it needs to be programmed. I guess with a different exhaust the stock S4 program would need changing. £1200 seems a lot.
    Long time Porsche addict.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Excellent comparison, just shows what can be achieved from tuning. Chris just can't help himself with the Audi bashing at the end again though. "I'n not about belittling the RS4" which he then goes on to do, shame he had to to that here. This certainly makes the S4 an appealing option is we ever need more practicality.

To throw the RS3 into the mix, my standard RS3 does the 0-60 launch in a consistent 4.2s (officially quoted as 4.6s by Audi to similarly save the blushes of bigger more expensive models I'm sure) and 100 in 9.7s according to my PerformanceBox and also goes on way past the limiter to 170mph+. I wonder what it would do with £3k of mods?

6th Gear

Status
    Watched this the other day. Very interesting. Keeping an eye out for an s4 for future perhaps.....
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeny233 View Post
    Did you see how much the remap was! £1200! For a software upgrade that's ridiculous. It only took 5 seconds to download the new map.
    Total spend £6600 on a remap, exhaust and big brakes! That's £1500 more than my car cost. Impressive results but not £6600 worth.
    I think you are missing the point with the £1200 for the remap! R&A costs money, do you think they just tweaked a load of tables on a laptop to release the extra power safely?! It is technology that we have today that enables the map to be programmed in 5 secs, it didn't take 5 secs to write the map! lol

More about the 5 second thing, I believe that the standard and modified maps both already exists on the car's ECU, the dongle just took 5 secs to switch between the maps!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think you are missing the point with the £1200 for the remap! R&A costs money, do you think they just tweaked a load of tables on a laptop to release the extra power safely?! It is technology that we have today that enables the map to be programmed in 5 secs, it didn't take 5 secs to write the map! lol

More about the 5 second thing, I believe that the standard and modified maps both already exists on the car's ECU, the dongle just took 5 secs to switch between the maps!
    I think it just stores the programs on the unit as far as im aware. It tells you about it here on the Revo website Serial Port Switch (SPS) . I saw when they brought them out a few weeks ago on their Facebook page. Very tempting as their SPS is much smaller and quicker than the Shark unit. Although I don't think the ability to switch back to standard is that necessary.

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quite impressive to be honest, but as most people who have owned a turbocharged car before, it's not difficult to extract more power out of them.
    S4 is supercharged, despite saying V6T on the wings.

They need to hurry up and crack the new ECU so the facelift S4s can get the same treatment. That pre-facelift S4 looks too stealthy next to the RS4, could be any A4 avant (apart from quad pipes).
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Events Moderator

Status
    i saw this and was impressed. seen some of his other videos too, but it did make me laugh how he was trying to explain tuning to his primary audience which probably don't tune their cars. and yeah the sps will just switch between maps it won't write one to the ecu, so the vid is a bit misleading as he didn't show the part where they must have written the map on and maybe drove it and tweaked timing and the like... but a very stealthy way to create a supercar tamer by the looks of things. still expensive though...! but for the money of these you can only get a b7 rs4...
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

5th Gear

Status
    They can't map these via the obd port, they have to take the ecu out to remap it. APR and MRC also do remaps but also do a lightweight pulley upgrade which takes it to 460+ bhp I believe, for about £1500 all in. Don't need the exhaust doing or the brakes so take an s4, spend £1500 and go beat an rs4
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

4th Gear

Status
    We do the maps on these, ECU does need taking out but then can be done over OBD. Full custom map for £500, we can tailor the torque curve to your spec, along with throttle response any anything else you might want.

Rick
    jojo likes this.
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. View Post
    We do the maps on these, ECU does need taking out but then can be done over OBD. Full custom map for £500, we can tailor the torque curve to your spec, along with throttle response any anything else you might want.

Rick
    Now that's a good price....
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Neutral

Status

Not to mention there are only about four companies in the world that can actually recalibrate the software on the ECU in these cars

Consider the power gains in this video are only stage 1! The exhaust is catback and the pulley is standard. The S4 would walk away from the RS for ~£1500 with just a pulley and software.
    Last edited by Evan@APR; 8th April 2013 at 19:52.
    jojo likes this.
    APR UK
    www.goapr.co.uk | facebook | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”