Chris Harris RS4 vs Revo S4

Really interesting, i'm thinking of this for my S4.

Wow, that S4 is amazing with the revo software. I spent 5 years in a B7 RS4 which probably wouldn't touch that pair. Definitely keeping an eye on S4.

this revo sps... does it come blank of course and you load your own tweaks and map on to it?

Quite impressive to be honest, but as most people who have owned a turbocharged car before, it's not difficult to extract more power out of them.

Did you see how much the remap was! £1200! For a software upgrade that's ridiculous. It only took 5 seconds to download the new map.
Total spend £6600 on a remap, exhaust and big brakes! That's £1500 more than my car cost. Impressive results but not £6600 worth.

Last edited:
Great video.
I'm a huge fan of the B8 S4 since one of my OH's clients bought one (I've driven it a few times).

Fantastic cars even in stock form.

The serial port switch is only £118.80, then it needs to be programmed. I guess with a different exhaust the stock S4 program would need changing. £1200 seems a lot.

Excellent comparison, just shows what can be achieved from tuning. Chris just can't help himself with the Audi bashing at the end again though. "I'n not about belittling the RS4" which he then goes on to do, shame he had to to that here. This certainly makes the S4 an appealing option is we ever need more practicality.

To throw the RS3 into the mix, my standard RS3 does the 0-60 launch in a consistent 4.2s (officially quoted as 4.6s by Audi to similarly save the blushes of bigger more expensive models I'm sure) and 100 in 9.7s according to my PerformanceBox and also goes on way past the limiter to 170mph+. I wonder what it would do with £3k of mods?

Watched this the other day. Very interesting. Keeping an eye out for an s4 for future perhaps.....

Did you see how much the remap was! £1200! For a software upgrade that's ridiculous. It only took 5 seconds to download the new map.
Total spend £6600 on a remap, exhaust and big brakes! That's £1500 more than my car cost. Impressive results but not £6600 worth.

I think you are missing the point with the £1200 for the remap! R&A costs money, do you think they just tweaked a load of tables on a laptop to release the extra power safely?! It is technology that we have today that enables the map to be programmed in 5 secs, it didn't take 5 secs to write the map! lol

More about the 5 second thing, I believe that the standard and modified maps both already exists on the car's ECU, the dongle just took 5 secs to switch between the maps!

I think you are missing the point with the £1200 for the remap! R&A costs money, do you think they just tweaked a load of tables on a laptop to release the extra power safely?! It is technology that we have today that enables the map to be programmed in 5 secs, it didn't take 5 secs to write the map! lol

More about the 5 second thing, I believe that the standard and modified maps both already exists on the car's ECU, the dongle just took 5 secs to switch between the maps!

I think it just stores the programs on the unit as far as im aware. It tells you about it here on the Revo website Serial Port Switch (SPS) . I saw when they brought them out a few weeks ago on their Facebook page. Very tempting as their SPS is much smaller and quicker than the Shark unit. Although I don't think the ability to switch back to standard is that necessary.

Quite impressive to be honest, but as most people who have owned a turbocharged car before, it's not difficult to extract more power out of them.

S4 is supercharged, despite saying V6T on the wings.

They need to hurry up and crack the new ECU so the facelift S4s can get the same treatment. That pre-facelift S4 looks too stealthy next to the RS4, could be any A4 avant (apart from quad pipes).

i saw this and was impressed. seen some of his other videos too, but it did make me laugh how he was trying to explain tuning to his primary audience which probably don't tune their cars. and yeah the sps will just switch between maps it won't write one to the ecu, so the vid is a bit misleading as he didn't show the part where they must have written the map on and maybe drove it and tweaked timing and the like... but a very stealthy way to create a supercar tamer by the looks of things. still expensive though...! but for the money of these you can only get a b7 rs4...

They can't map these via the obd port, they have to take the ecu out to remap it. APR and MRC also do remaps but also do a lightweight pulley upgrade which takes it to 460+ bhp I believe, for about £1500 all in. Don't need the exhaust doing or the brakes so take an s4, spend £1500 and go beat an rs4 :)

We do the maps on these, ECU does need taking out but then can be done over OBD. Full custom map for £500, we can tailor the torque curve to your spec, along with throttle response any anything else you might want.

Rick

Reactions: jojo

Not to mention there are only about four companies in the world that can actually recalibrate the software on the ECU in these cars :)

Consider the power gains in this video are only stage 1! The exhaust is catback and the pulley is standard. The S4 would walk away from the RS for ~£1500 with just a pulley and software.

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo