This might be useful.................
Originally Posted by ScottB5
If you want to make a claim against the council here are the tips...................
1. Write a detailed letter and include photos, map and any receipts
2. Submit a "Freedom or Information" request to show you mean bussiness - for this you must head any letter or e-mail with the strapline "Freedom of Information Act-Request for information." There is Code of Practice for Highway Maintenance Management drawn up by the DOT that you can read.
3. Do not be fobbed off with excuses.
4. Contact the highwqays department of your local authority
5. For more information: www.highwaysindustry.com