V Power Price Differences

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hey guys

Can you please post up price differences in your local Shell between normal unleaded and V Power.

The reason I ask is my normal garage at the mo is 135.9 for unleaded and 144.9 for V Power, but as I wasnt go that way, i thought id go to another one, unleaded there was 136.9 and the V Power was 155.9 - 19p per litre more expensive.

When I questioned it in the shop (typical non English speaking attendant) didnt really know what my issue was and said that the price is always like that!!!

So I went back to my normal station to fill up again since and correctly so their price for V Power was indeed 144.9.

What sort of price differences are you guys seeing and where are you based.

Im in Birmingham/Solihull.

Cheers
Nilz

Last refill was £1.41.9 for VPower and saw £1.37.9 for normal. Different sites will charge different rates. You don't know what crazy costs they have on one plot to the other.

Why dont they display all prices .V Power is only shown on the pump

I will check next time i go but i tell you what ****** annoys me every time i go there ! They always ask me if i want to buy some chocolate and i have asked them many of times to stop asking me !

Yesterday in Ottershaw, Surrey there are two Shell Stations opposite each other: 143.9 vs 144.9!
Locally, it is 142.9 but I use Tesco Momentum these days mostly.

I reported our local Shell for pump tampering last year. Hatton (Warwickshire) the numbers start whirring but no fuel... about 12p in and the fuel starts. Trading standards took care of it. I had a rant about it to the Kenilworth Shell and the guy who used to run the Hatton station told me that they were a bunch of a-holes who were fixing prices and all sorts but it appears to be resolved now.

Does anyone use pay at pump? My card was cloned at a Heston (West London) Shell station last year... you would think that they would have it all on CCTV but it turned out to be the station owner behind it! A bit off topic but just thought I'd throw that in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Never use Pay at Pump, I don't trust allot of things these days involving cards.

I will have a look next time but I think on average it’s been about 5p…. 10p max

Nilz iv never seen the difference anywhere near 20p

Funny you should post this as I noticed it yesterday. I normally drive a shoddy 1.2 corsa for work and obviously only fill it with normal unleaded (which is currently 138.9). Yesterday I was in the S3 and noticed that VPower (at the same station) was 146.9 and I thought 8p extra a litre was bad enough lol. 19p is scandalous!

And my garage was in Cambs.

Last edited:
136.9 for normal unleaded and 146.9 V Power mid Wales (i did look for you mate) :icon_thumright:

My local Shell had v-power at the same price as diesel last time I was there but I too have seen silly money charged for v-power in a couple of places. I think petrol sheds are essentially franchises, are they not? I guess they have quite a degree of freedom on what they can charge.