Twin engined Golf!

Now I was watching that thinking, if it were me, I'd want some form of protection between me and the engine. I was only thinking about heat transfer whilst driving - I was sort of right.

Kev.

Mayhem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Quality vid JoJo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Although I suppose the poor folks who'd put all the elbowgrease in would doubt that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My main worry is about how dumb the folks at Ferroli Motorsport are... If Dubsport can put-out perfectly-running twin-engined Golfs for fun; and after all the REAL horror stories I've heard about their work ethic (latest one being my friend's MK III GTI being less than looked-after while it was their responsibility) - how tricky can it be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Regards,

Rob.

Yo Mick! (Fallmonk) Do you remember the Mk1 Golf in Electric Blue, woth Rover V8 and Sierra 4x4 running gear that used to womp the Sierras up at Knockhill on the Hot Hatch Owners Days (When they first started!) some 8-9 years ago?? Wonder where it is now??

Yeah I remember that car. Wasn't it 4.2 Turbo charged?

I've got the old mag with it in. So I will dig it up.

[ QUOTE ]
Yo Mick! (Fallmonk) Do you remember the Mk1 Golf in Electric Blue, woth Rover V8 and Sierra 4x4 running gear that used to womp the Sierras up at Knockhill on the Hot Hatch Owners Days (When they first started!) some 8-9 years ago?? Wonder where it is now??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi mate i vaugly remeber it as i was only 10yrs old back then lol, na serriously yip i wonder whos got that car now, hope its still with us and not in the big scrappy in th sky !

Imagine stumbling on this!
That was my dad who built that car and did the hot hatch days with it regularly, it was indeed a 4.2 rover v8 twin turbo but was actually 2wd sierra cosworth running gear on it. The running gear was the replaced with jaguar gertrag gearbox, irs and locker diff because the the cosworth running gear couldnt handle the torque, which was around 450 ib/ft. it lapped knockhill in under a minute which was mighty 10 or 15 years ago.
My dad sold it to fund another project about 10 years ago, someone still drives it as when you do a tax check on the reg number on the dvla website it comes up as being taxed. would be good to know who has it now :)

Wow....a blast blast blast from the past...past...........past!!!