AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

A6 saloon, A4 estate or S4 estate, or even S6?

Ok, I've been looking through various options over the past few months on new car, as have another addition to the family so need something a little bigger. Still want something that has power though and makes me smile.

After working through finances this week I can go up to £20k after sorting the missus out with a car.

So, my options are (all quattro):

3.0TDI A6 (ideally new shape) around the £15-16k mark, tuning box £400 plus wrap it in matt white with black carbon roof (£1,000)
    Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Le Mans 4dr Tip Auto Saloon 2010

B8 A4 estate in white around £18-19k, either 3.0TDI or 2.0TFSI and remap (are these much bigger then the B7 saloon?)

B7 S4 estate of around £12-15k (V8 is tempting, but not sure if there's much more space my current B7 saloon....):
    Audi S4 QUATTRO 5DR 4.2 2006

Audi S4 Quattro 5dr Tip Auto Avant 4.2 2007

B8 S4 estate of around £20k (then a year or so down the line do the pulley upgrade and remap)
    Audi S4 AVANT 3.0 T QUATTRO 5D AUTO 330 BHP HDD NAV+AMI+AC 2009

or think sod it and go S6 around the £15k mark:
    Audi S6 QUATTRO 4DR AUTO 1 OWNER + FASH ++ HUGE SPEC + 5.2 2007

I'm kind of ok with higher running costs (for the V8 and V10) if not spending as much money if the first instance as it'll even itself out....

I'm very confused...what's people's thoughts?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status

I know, I did look at that route, but running costs seem high on those especially brakes, And issues like suspension problems put me off.....
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status

But now you have got me thinking......

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    I know, I did look at that route, but running costs seem high on those especially brakes, And issues like suspension problems put me off.....
    S6 or RS4, what's the difference? lol

6th Gear

Status
    If i were you i would get the B8 S4 Avant
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    S6 or RS4, what's the difference? lol
    Believe the discs etc are cheaper on the S6 and the s6 doesn't have the drc

5th Gear

Status

Used to have a supra so used to a petrol gauge that you can see move lol. Surprisingly insurance on the s6 is only £40 more than my current car due to all the mods...
    Also thinking the s6 may be more comfortable for the wife and kids vs the rs4, as more room inside and should not be as harsh a ride (not sure as haven't test driven either yet) Would certainly not be able to go for the winged seats.

1st Gear

Status
    A6 = BIG
    A4 = small.

Neutral

Status
    B8 S4 Avant, the only car your ever need.
    Long time Porsche addict.

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    If i were you i would get the B8 S4 Avant
    I'm thinking towards this due to the dynamic ride adjustment, I.e comfort mode for when wife and kids in, then dynamic for me

Just not sure it's spacious enough...

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Andy102 View Post
    B8 S4 Avant, the only car your ever need.
    It was reading sprockets thread that made me think about these

1st Gear

Status

B8 S4 avant is more roomy than a B7 and not far off an older shape A6, I have one and it has enough space for the 4 of us and 2 Labradors, for the odd trip away if we take the dogs I just strap a roof box on.
    Dynamically I'd say it's the best of all of your choices and probably the most frugal, my previous B7 averaged less than 18mpg during my 3 years of ownership and it was nowhere near as good to drive as my B8.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

5th Gear

Status

Food for thought thanks. I do about 12k miles p.a. So it does add up, the b8 does look nice especially with super sports seats. Will have to test drive and see....

Neutral

Status
    Super sports seats, Drive select, Sports Diff and Dynamic steering. If you can find it on an S4, It really brings it alive.
    Long time Porsche addict.

5th Gear

Status

What's dynamic steering when it's at home? And benefit of the diff?

5th Gear

Status

It's ok, google is my friend test drive next...

1st Gear

Status
    S6 mate. V10 power and noise =

This S6 could be up for sale soon for around the £17-18K mark:

Audi S3 8L

FK Konigsport Coilovers-Forge Quickshift-Gloss Black roof, Lower Front Grill, Door Mirrors, Side Blades, B-Pillars, Rear Bumper Insert-De-Badged And Smoothed Bootlid-LED Lighting Upgrade-8.5/9.5x18" 3SDM 0.01 Rims-Milltek Cat-Back-FK Spacers (front-15mm rear-25mm)-Forge 008 DV-Pressed Plates-Gloss Black Badgeless Grill-Tinted Rear Lights-More To Come

Progress Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...-jayps-s3.html

5th Gear

Status

Nice, but not looking for anything lowered anymore, fed up of crashy rides...hence why I'm considering the s4 now due to the drive select options....

6th Gear

Status
    Got to be a s6.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

S3 Drift King!

Status
    S4, then get it remapped!

Chris Harris RS4 vs Revo S4

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    S4, then get it remapped!

Chris Harris RS4 vs Revo S4
    Just seen that, very impressive and that's just the software update, do the pulley upgrade as well and it's got to be quicker then the rs4....

also saw one in the Audi garage yesterday when servicing the car, they are very nice...may be swaying that way now...

Finally sorted the wife out so can now focus more on my hunt...