Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

Mot advisory, bit odd....

Just put car in for Cambelt and mot, checked online tonight and its passed the mot but they have noted this as an advisory :

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

Now aside from the exhaust the underneath of the car is std and hasn't changed since leaving the factory. This has never been picked up on previously so are they just getting more tight this year?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    That must be very questionable as the cars under trays are as standard on the car.

Neutral

Status
    Ive known MOT centres to put advisory notices for having air refrshers hanging off the rear view mirrors.

I think they can put whatever they like in the advisory notice. But undertrays for a car thats supposed to have them is a bit daft.
    Audi S3 [AMK 1.8T]

Mods:
    N249 Bypass
    Revo STG 1
    Rota Grid Drift 9.5J alloys
    AP coilovers
    PCV oil catch can (to atmosphere)

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Wouldn't worry about it razza, I've seen this advisory a few times, it's for MOT testers to cover themselves. Basically, some components are hidden from view by the undertray, and the MOT tester can't disturb the tray to get access, so anything he may have missed, he just puts this as an advisory that he can't see a certain component which he may have missed.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    No no its not because they think it needs putting right guys, it's to protect himself. On an MOT the tester is not allowed to remove things to look underneath, therefore he cant see anything under the cover. If you drive off down the road and something falls off that was obscured by the cover, he can't be held accountable.

The air freshener hanging off the mirror should be a failure and not an advisory believe it or not. I just remove it and put it on a paper towel on the passenger seat

EDIT: must type faster lol
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......

Status
    I had the same advisory on mine. That was at Kwik-Fit. I had an oil leak from my oil filter at the time (Iknew about it, just ahdn't fixed it)
    I think they do it to cover thwe backsides to be honest.

5th Gear

Status
    If a car comes in for test with steel wheels on and wheel trims, I always put on the advisory that it has wheel trims on so I can't examine the wheel nuts/bolts. If the wheel comes off when he drives out of my place because it only had one wheel nut on, my umbrella is up.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

1st Gear

Status
    Aye, had similar advisory with the factory fitted sideskirts on my Evo; can't see the sills properly.

6th Gear

Status
    Same thing what i got with my wife's A5 Cabriolet.

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    Saw this when I looked through my paperwork, weird thing is I checked all the option codes when the car was bought and it was ordered without additional under tray!