JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    BahnStormer

Status

dealer negotiation tips?

any tips on which extras a dealer will most willingly add to a pre-reg "2nd hand car" car?

my dad managed to negotiate DAB radio, front parking sensors and the upgrade to the higher spec sat-nav on his 12-plate C6, but was that only 'cos they were desperate to get the C6'd off the forecourts?

The car I'm looking at is a nearly new C7, but I was just wondering which types of extras dealers CAN wangle and which will just p!ss them off? (e.g. "I'll take that car if you fit a sunroof / quattro")

There are a few features I either need them to include or I'll retro-fit and I'm not keen to fit something to a car with <500miles on the clock! I've found a car that has all the main things that I'm after, except a removable towbar and DAB, I'm sure the DAB is a no-brainer, not sure if they'll do the towbar, but are there any other "nice to haves" that I can get the dealer to throw in without too much hesitation? e.g. I would like to have the rear privacy glass and sunblinds for the kids in the back. I guess really what I want is a Black Edition, but can't find one Rear entertainment kit would be nice too!

I'll have another look later, but the rest of the spec is pretty much what I'm after.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    admin I've realised this is a fairly generic question - could you please move it to a more suitable forum? e.g. "General Automotive"?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Status
    Moved for you.

I think a change of alloys is a painless one for the dealers to encourage you to buy

BahnStormer

Status
    thanks voorhees...

Alloys are probably least of my concerns: A7's look fine on 18's, I think 19's are standard on the S-Lines and beyond that, 20" is overkill, although I'll bear in mind maybe a swap, if I don't like the ones they've got on...

I'm thinking of things like DAB, sunblinds, MMI touch and then the ever-tempting tow-bar...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

BahnStormer

Status

Re: dealer negotiation tips?

What do you think my chances are of getting an extra set of winter wheels thrown in are?

Just a thought since having the extra wheels has saved me a lot of hassle over the last few years, so I'm definitely going to get, them, so it might add well be for free.

Also, how much wiggle room its there on price?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

Chugger

Status
    Hmmm,

like you said you could go for MMI with phone prep perhaps? id also imagine it would be quite easy for them to fit the homelink electric garage door system.

Its the small things that cost which you should also work on. Genuine mats, reversible mat, Service plan, tank of fuel, tax.

Just had a look at the A7 options, quite impressive!
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)