Corrado G60

Steve B5 Biker

Reaction score
Hi thinking of buying a G60 with FSH.... but know very little about superchargers or vw in general, any advice on what to look out for would be greatly received ...:unsure:

Get yourself on here: THE Corrado Forum or on Edition 38, they are both decent forums, where you will get a good response.

The supercharged ones are nice, as long as they have been serviced regularly and looked after properly.

Always wanted a Corrado, but Insurance wouldnt let me!! :(

Let us know how you get on.

Had one of these years back.
Lovely things.
Unfortunately it expired in a shunt after having the charger rebuilt by BRM and JAMEX suspension fitted. So I didnt have it long enough to have any major problems.

I have been looking at 18T converted Corrados for a toy as they just dont seem to depreciate.

Nice choice, good luck with the purchase/search.

Paul

Thanks for reply Paul, am looking as we speak,
And at the same time im considrering my options re my daily drive.... B5avant slightly modified..
Think its going to have to go,cant justify running the two of em, as i may be made redundant in next few months.

Lovely motor, classic status I think which could reduce you're insurance premiums....... Worth looking into.
Word of warning though, colours got to be right IMHO try and get a darker colour...

The Corrado is great but i wouldn't go for the G60 version mate. It's a 1.8 8v engine with a horrible supercharger (talking about reliability). Everyone I know who owned a G60, ended up with a turbo conversion or 1.8T as their G-laders failed. Also the body of the G60 versions (and KR) are non facelift, meaning they have smaller fenders and flat bonnet. All the rest are facelift (2.0 16v, 2.0 8v, VR6).
Find yourself a nice 2.0 for lower taxes and fit a 20VT on it!

The Corrado is great but i wouldn't go for the G60 version mate. It's a 1.8 8v engine with a horrible supercharger (talking about reliability). Everyone I know who owned a G60, ended up with a turbo conversion or 1.8T as their G-laders failed. Also the body of the G60 versions (and KR) are non facelift, meaning they have smaller fenders and flat bonnet. All the rest are facelift (2.0 16v, 2.0 8v, VR6).
Find yourself a nice 2.0 for lower taxes and fit a 20VT on it!

I prefer the non facelift body personally.

Well you choose a nice ride. I think its better choice because the car is affordable and also very good in performance. So you don't move you mind anywhere and keep straigt it to g60. and when you buy that please share some photos of it. Thanks