Suggested Places for European Road Trip

Maskwelli

Reaction score
Evening.

Been giving alot of thought into Euro Road trip, one place i want to visit is the Nuremberg circuit of course, but does anyone know of any good places to visit. Other than the obvious that most people are going to say 'Amsterdam' Haha. I wont be going as far south as Italy though so don't mention Crete or Cyrpus......Joking.

Depends how long you plan to go for and if you're going with anyone else. Last Euro road trip I did was with two other couples and we stayed in a permenant camp site in the south of France, driving out each day to visit different places - Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo, San Remo and St Tropez a couple of times - was great fun taking in the coast roads with their many tunnels.

Over the Alps to Switzerland. I did it in August, had a great time on the San Bernardino Pass.
The Nürburgring is on the way through Germany.

Can't go wrong with that plan. The accomodation is cheap and there's plenty of facilities onsite, and you get to keep enough cash to pay for a cup of tea in Monte Carlo, which is something like £8 a pop!

The two-week road trip I did in 2011 went like this;

Liverpool
Hull
Amsterdam
Cologne
Nuremberg
Prague
Munich
Innsbruck
Genova
Toulouse
Barcelona
Salou
Liverpool (Straight 23hr drive home!)

This is an idea so far. Any thought on it? its only 1500miles. thinking about a ferry from howich to hook of holland :)
Euro Trip 2 idea

Ahh **** i guess you cant see it :(
Aylesbury
Harwich
Hook of Holland
Amsterdam
Dortmund
Frankfurt
Nuremburg
Return journey just random places including
Heidelburg
Luxemburg
Brussels
Lille
Calais.

The two-week road trip I did in 2011 went like this;

Liverpool
Hull
Amsterdam
Cologne
Nuremberg
Prague
Munich
Innsbruck
Genova
Toulouse
Barcelona
Salou
Liverpool (Straight 23hr drive home!)

How much this cost you in Petrol/Diesel?

Unless you want to go to amsterdam, I would give Holland a miss. Dusseldorf is much nicer than Dortmund, by the way.
Do you mean the Nürburgring, or Nuremburg the city.