Engine temperature.

S.line

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I've got a bit of a dilemma here. I've got a 2.0tdi 143. My car isn't warming to 90. It's getting to the mark half way then going up a bit when I'm going up hills, then down when going down hills. I thought thermostat so took it in to Audi a few weeks ago for warranty repair who diagnosed the stat was shagged and replaced it last Friday (warranty runs out on 17december :O). Today it's doing the same thing!

Please help :'(

Just had it in today and basically it's "its normal for this engine temperature to fluctuate when outside temperature drops below 5deg C. This is due to the engine being so efficient. This can change due to driving style, cabin heater settings and load.&"

Does your car temp fluctuate?

Just had it in today and basically it's "its normal for this engine temperature to fluctuate when outside temperature drops below 5deg C. This is due to the engine being so efficient. This can change due to driving style, cabin heater settings and load.&"

Does your car temp fluctuate?

No not normal at all, temperature should warm up after about 15-30mins max. and hold steady at 90'C. Even my 2001 Mk4 Golf did this.

My car temperature does not fluctuate, it warms up and holds at 90'C as should yours.

It doesn't. I'm at Audi now about to take the car. Just spoke to one of there drivers and he's never seen it!! He drives stacks of Audi's all day!!!!

Lets see what they say.

No joy. It's a phenomenon that's normal....apparently.

Mine was never on 90* only when accelerating a lot, but it dropped to 70-80* quickly.
Changed the thermostat yesterday, and its now 4-6 mins to reach 90* and stays there...
The old stat was in closed position, but maybe it is the inside of it(wax?) which looses its ability to open at its specific degree(87*)??

But mine's fine now...
Easy job.. 30mins or so + 2-2 1/2 liters of coolant

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354961156068173

Taken from my user manual.