AH FabricationsBadger5
    _G_
    4th Gear

Status

Question Do you follow the tyre pressure recommendations?

What's a good set up...

My recommended TP is 2.5 BAR / 36.25 PSI on the front and 2.3 BAR / 33.35 PSI on the rear...

At the moment I have 30 psi on the front and 32 on the rear... seems okay with this.

I know if they are too high it can increase tyre wear
    If they are too low then fuel economy is at stake

The car is a 2.0 TFSI, 8p2 btw

Just wondering what folks have as a compromise between wear, economy, winter handling etc.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I run my tyres at 37PSI all round (that's a 3.0TDi saloon).
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by _G_ View Post
    What's a good set up...

My recommended TP is 2.5 BAR / 36.25 PSI on the front and 2.3 BAR / 33.35 PSI on the rear...

At the moment I have 30 psi on the front and 32 on the rear... seems okay with this.

I know if they are too high it can increase tyre wear
    If they are too low then fuel economy is at stake

The car is a 2.0 TFSI, 8p2 btw

Just wondering what folks have as a compromise between wear, economy, winter handling etc.
    Sticking with the manufactures recommended tyre pressures is usually the best compromise for fuel economy and tyre wear, but there's nothing wrong to adjust them to make the car ride/handle to your liking. For example, I run 32psi front and 34/35psi rear on my 8L S3 to maximise it's handling, I tweaked the tyre pressures on a race track lap my lap on an open pit day until I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I run my tyres at 37PSI all round (that's a 3.0TDi saloon).
    That's very high Jeff, but I've never owned a car with a larger engine up front though, so weight is a factor in tyre pressures too, but my lardy B5 Passat TDI only require 33PSI(I think?) up front. I stick 35 on the rear as I carry 200kgs+ loads on a regular basis, 36psi made the rear end very lively!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    That's very high Jeff, but I've never owned a car with a larger engine up front though, so weight is a factor in tyre pressures too, but my lardy B5 Passat TDI only require 33PSI(I think?) up front. I stick 35 on the rear as I carry 200kgs+ loads on a regular basis, 36psi made the rear end very lively!
    I've had a lot of V6s down the years, and after a bit of experimentation, found I preferred having slightly higher pressures.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status
    Usually run mine 38-39 all round. Sticker says 38 anyway
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk