VIN Number replacemant?

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I was wondering.....the plate thats in the bottom corner of your windscreen that displays your chassis number.......Can you replace them? Mine is damaged and would like to get a new one.

Anyone know any companies that can make a new one up for you?

you can get them made im sure theres only 1 place allowd to do them
cant rember the name
i had 1 done for a RS4 around 2 years ago as it had been stolen
how come yours is damaged ?

I can only think of 1 reason the vin marker plate at the bottom of your windscreen is damaged.

When you bought the car was it like that.

Did you check the other vin numbers had not been tampered with or altered.

And to answer your question I have never heard of a company that could or would reproduce the vin plate legally as this would help the scum of the earth change a cars ID and it looking above board.

Exactly as you explained on the RS4. My car was stolen in 2001 (not when i owned it) and they scratched the VIN number out. They also broke the plastic on the bulkhead (think thats what its called - VIN display at top of the engine bay) and covered the VIN up.

I do bodywork so managed to clean the bulkhead up and paint it and put new plastic on it. Just need to get the plate to go in the window now.

ill ask my pal and see if he can get the number for who did mine

I can only think of 1 reason the vin marker plate at the bottom of your windscreen is damaged.

When you bought the car was it like that.

Did you check the other vin numbers had not been tampered with or altered.

And to answer your question I have never heard of a company that could or would reproduce the vin plate legally as this would help the scum of the earth change a cars ID and it looking above board.

legal or not theres always someone out there that can make anything you need

Awesome, yes if you could get the number that would be ideal! Id prefer a legit company that can do it properly (im sure the others would do a good job) but definitely want to get receipts etc for it

cheers again

You can order them from audi. They sometimes get damaged by careless windscreen fitters during the cutting out stage.

Its just a sticker on a plastic base.

as above
audi wouldnt do me 1
well sheffield audi wouldnt

we get vin plates made all the time at work (most are stickers inside the edge of the rear quarters) that need replacing after panel repair or replacement after accident repairs.

Maybe they are more easy going towards trade than joe public? i know they take a while to arrive and usually the customer has to bring the car back at a later date for it to be stuck on.

I have only ever fitted 1 windscreen placement vin on a S3 which was part way through ringing before the police recovered it.