Speed trap detectors

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
Having just read that the government has ended 6 years of uncertainty over speed trap detector usage with its comments that it will now not be banning such devices, I'm just wondering what equipment audisport users are running if any?

The police typically use laser and the guns get a reading of your speed so quickly that by the time your detector goes off and you react, they'll have your speed.

Laser jammers can do the job however I don't think their legality falls in to the same category as you're describing.

Radar detectors are fine for the older Gatso's that still make use of radar but again they are prone to spurious alarms and the detection range is crap compared to GPS based detectors.

All in all, it's easier to stick to the speed limit :)

Having just read that the government has ended 6 years of uncertainty over speed trap detector usage with its comments that it will now not be banning such devices, I'm just wondering what equipment audisport users are running if any?

Cruise control and my eyes.

Same as Yohan, its easier to just stick to the speed limit really.
Boring and old man I know but I've had enough of speeding tickets and getting pulled over.

But I have heard that the garage openings throw off the guns that the coppers uses but you need to prove you have that system at home and not bought the sender to trick the guns.

iPhone app, Cameralert, costs less than a quid. Lets you know where they all are and what speed you are doing. Also works out your average through specs zones.