BMW320d sport plus convertible

pns2007

Moonstone Grey
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm after a bit of information. I have the chance of buying the above car with a saving of £10K of original price, plus they will give me near enough what I paid for my A1 Black Edition (185ps) and Ive had it 7 months. PCP is at 3.9% which is also good finance deal.

What is your general perception of these cars, presumably it will have a good reserve and not depreciate too much (although I do know it will over the 3 years). Any thing I need to be aware of? It is a current model but will be facelifted next year. The car will be brand new and I'll be the first owner.

Any experiences of owning a BMW that would be helpful to know.

Don't know if I'm being blinded by the deal! Its a lovely car. ot test driven it yet, but this is arranged for Wednesday.

Thanks in adavance of any info (good or bad).

A picture of the car:-
20120924 180147 zpse21e6759

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
Isn't this already the "old" version? Guy over the road from me has a new 3 and it's got a totally new front end look to your pictured car.

Possibly the reason for a large price reduction? I suspect you will always feel like slight second best when the facelift cab hits the road.

I have driven a few new 3 series various models and I have to say I always feel a tad cramped in and claustrophobic in the drivers seat. Maybe a bit different in the coup cab, which I haven't driven.

Like BMW generally and must say the latest 5 is a real masterpiece both to drive and be onboard. Would really consider one for my next car.

Last edited:
The £30k you are paying for the BMW is going to drop like a brick as soon as you drive off the forecourt. Nice machine and all that, your money, you make the choices!

My last car was an E92, nice car let down by a poor cabin

The car pictured IS a pre-facelifted model, that is, it is effectively already old. You should have established that fact for yourself, or at least been far more curious as to reason for such the huge discount. Car salesman love people like you, putty in their hands as they pocket their bonus.
Check out how the new shape, for subtle though the differences they result in a much sleeker shape. Consider also that whilst the 320d is the best seller, it's still a fairly basic spec., has to work hard to haul a heavier version of the saloon, and do you really want the whiff of Derv when the roof is folded. Note the colour is ordanary solid white so you don't even get a nice smart metallic colour for the price.
No BMW cabriolet is ever going to be a class act. Well engineered and a delight to drive they may be and for few months they may impress, but too many are owned by 'ladies that lunch', well to do wives, iffy business sharks and then worse you begin to see them slightly down at heel parked at the kerb in slightly run down suburban estates.
Finally ........ do you REALLY want to be a BMW driver? These days because of the arrogance of the dealers and the owners the brand has more stigma than credence.