Can I get a TT?? or will the mpg kill me??? looking to swap A6 2.5Tdi for TT 180 BHP

deanogtv

Reaction score
Heres the crack guys. I'm currently running my A6 C5 Avant 2.5 tdi as a daily commuter into south London from north Essex. My drive to work is 50 miles, 70% of which is motorway down the M11. I originally bought the car as I thought it would return good mpg, is currently averaging 32 :eek:( and has done for a year now. I've read that due to it being a Quattro, weighing a couple of ton and the 2.5 being a thirsty engine the mpg was never going to be great.

Now I'm considering an early 180bhp TT as a daily driver and leaving the missus to do the school run with the A6 family bus. I recon I would be able to achieve around the same mpg with this variation of the TT. With petrol prices being a little cheaper than diesel I recon I wouldn't be any worst off?????

What are your guys thoughts on this??

Assuming this is the mk1 TT your looking at you'll get no where near 32mpg. I had the 225hp and was lucky to get 25mpg out of it when driving carefully. The new ones are a bit better I think but still not much, there is always the diesel version but dont know what the figures are on that

Dazz

out last 2 TT,s a 225 and a 180
we saw a little over 30 mpg normal driveing and both were mapped.

I had the same engine in a golf GTI. You will be looking at AUM or BAM engine codes.

Woeful economy. I would say on a run down the motorway taking it steady 32 would be achievable.round town not a cat in hells chance and figure around mid 20s

I had the same engine in a golf GTI. You will be looking at AUM or BAM engine codes.

Woeful economy. I would say on a run down the motorway taking it steady 32 would be achievable.round town not a cat in hells chance and figure around mid 20s

I think you'll find the the AUM was a 150Bhp and the BAM was a 225
Most probably be an APX or an ARY

I get about 28 mpg average in my stock 180bhp A3 TQS ( ARY engine code ). It goes up to just over 30 mpg on a steady motorway run. I don't often drive in heavy traffic mainly duel carriage ways and country lanes.