M3 Driver thought I want to race him in my Audi!

psd99

Reaction score
I was showing my newish car (Audi A4 2.0T 162kW) to my friend over the weekend, and he said he wanted to feel the power etc.

So we went around the area, I was driving it nicely for a few miles to let the engine heat up.

We came to a set of traffic lights and I was about to floor it, before I realised next to me was a car full of 4-5 men
in a 2011 convertible BMW M3!!! The driver was some middle aged/old man and as soon as they saw us they thought we wanted a race.

How AWKWARD!! I mean does he really think my debadged A4 would have even came close to beating him?
BMW drivers are the worse and he totally ruined my moment argh!
lol

Lol, I'm game for a bit of fun win or lose!

I saw an M3 in my rearview mirror once, I decided to overtake a slow moving car along a bypass, and the M3 followed suit, so I went through the revs in2nd and 3rd before I started to brake early, as it was downhill and there was more traffic up ahead. The M3 was just pushing me all the way like it had plenty in reserve! I had to make a left turn 1/2 mile later, he still gave me a flash and thumbs up!! :racer:

lol was this in your s3?

:)

that m3 engine has some power I was going to buy one but once I drove an audi I never looked back
the rs4 is probably my dream car :)

It's always good fun to have a little play every now and then. I had an A3 8L Remapped, thing was rapid for what it was. My favourite were the Civic Type R's, always game for a laugh. Had play with one down a dual carridgeway and when we hit the round about he backed off a little bit too much and then it was game over.
Have a diesel now, and my right foot is like a feather compared to my 1.8T I had!!

lol sounds like fun do u prefer the diesel then?

used to have an E46 m3 a cpl of years ago it was absolutely mind blowing....when i put her up for sale a kid came to view it and was spouting off about this evo 6 he had just sold.....took him out in the m3 and his knuckles where white hanging onto the seat what a laugh.....the little b#gger never bought it though

Personally I love the diesel for day to day life. If I could afford a weekend car is get another 8l though

sold it to go racing (bikes)....needed funds for van etc.....now got a b8 a4 avant 2.0 tdi and its a lovely car just lacking a bit of oomph so considering a DTUK box on it and pedal box

would have another m-power anyday the engine noise is just mind blowing