What would you do? New car troubles with garage

Pops848

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma,

I bought a 2006 Audi S-Line and paid decent money for it. Picked the car up Friday 17th August, and on the way home it went into limp mode twice. Phone the garage who said take it home as you closer and we'll go from there (as I could get the car scanned).

To cut a long story short they picked my car up the following Friday (24th) via flatbed and took it back to have it looked at their end.
Problem was the manifold flap for the turbo causing overboost. Apparently £400 just for the part alone but I am waiting for all invoices for parts and labour before I can confirm on that. Part was due to come in Thursday (30th)

I agreed to drive my old car as I still had it but included a letter that stated;
I wanted all invoices for parts and labour
A new key for the car (it came with one fob and one plastic but the plastic key was for a different Audi!!!!)
Courtesy Car with Insurance should my personal sell
Insurance on my own car if it ran out before return of my new car

My car sold so they dropped me a courtesy car. A 1998 BMW 316 with the airbag light and brake pad warning light on!!!!!! I wasn't impressed but was at work and didn't have time to argue. Thinking I'd only have the car 3 or 4 days at the most.

Now, work did not commence on my car until today (3rd) and I am told it will take a day, plus a day test driving the car to make sure it comes back perfect with no problems but I have not been told when I will be getting my car back.

I am waiting on a call this afternoon to tell me the work went smoothly, but I am inclined to say that I want half a tank of diesel upon return, a new key that opens and starts car as they want to just give me a blade. A full two weeks discretionary period of me owning the car where I can give it back if ANY problems occur and as a gesture of good will on my part I will continue driving the clapped out BMW until mine returns as rightly, I should be entitled to a car of equal or greater value. Certainly not one with an airbag light on!! or, they an come pick up the BMW, take the Audi back and give me a full refund and I'll go elsewhere.

Now I feel I am being too fair here anyway, but I've learnt through life you need to give a little to get a little, so fair words work much better than causing a scene and swearing at said party.
So my question to ASN is,

What would you do?

good luck with what you are asking from them
at least there sorting the problem
and if its not right get your cash back

good luck with what you are asking from them
at least there sorting the problem
and if its not right get your cash back

Yeah I appreciate I'm asking a lot, but this has not been handled in the best of manors and is a big inconvenience to myself. Buying a 2006 Audi and being given a 1998 BMW is hardly equal or greater value either.

its slow work on there part a week to collect
i would have had it back to them the same day
and rang every day till they sorted it
and refused the bm with lights on.

its slow work on there part a week to collect
i would have had it back to them the same day
and rang every day till they sorted it
and refused the bm with lights on.

Yup, I would of done the same but circumstances are a pain sometimes. I'm also way to fair to people, normally works out a bit better for me though. Due a phonecall this afternoon, lets see what happens. As for now, off to the dentist! ergh!!!

jeez, what type of garage did you buy it from? Take the money and run mate

It came with good reviews and is well established. Just a shame it's not gone well