Shortened Number Plates

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get shortened number plates from?
I Have a Private number with 5 characters so wanted to get a shortened one.

Thanks

internet, local market ect, but are illegal so you will get pulled and if the officer wants to be a pr*ck i think they can give you 3points a plate

knoxie

I've looked all over the internet but no luck. Plus the likes of Halfords etc don't do them.They aren't illegal as they are the correct legal size and will have the correct spacing between the letters and the edge of the number plate. Trust me I know!

Dont bother, I used to own F31STY which i got made up NP over the net without a space in between and it was the mobile camera that issued with a PCN @ 60 quid, within 6 months of fitting it.. Completely automatic procedure. Plod in themselves will never usually bother pulling you, but the cameras will, esp as they become more widespread.

I've looked all over the internet but no luck. Plus the likes of Halfords etc don't do them.They aren't illegal as they are the correct legal size and will have the correct spacing between the letters and the edge of the number plate. Trust me I know!

Ok then, there will be someone out there, check ebay and call them - someone will do it or find someone to trim the ends down etc..

Here's my reg:

6C26BDC8-20BE-450E-914C-6C77E18B992E-2653-000002862462BF22.jpg

Plates are from ebay, I cut them down with a tile cutter:

7A02299C-8AF0-472A-8051-87EF526C5BAA-2020-0000022794CA6C01.jpg

These plates are 100% legal, as I have correct spacing. 11mm border at all times.

Reactions: AlexGSi2000

craigsplates.co.uk

"
Size: 5 Character Reg UK Car Oblong 13 3/4" x 4 3/8" - 350mm x 111 Price: £14.50
Description: ONLY fits registrations with 5 characters (or less) at road legal height, does NOT have room for badge and border if a 5 character registration
"

I meant to say Im looking for ones that have the Euro flag at the side. Craigsplates dont seem to do them with the short plate