Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Turkster
  • 1 Post By jb0o

Thread: Modern day classics?

  1. #1
    _G_
    _G_'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    869

    Cool Modern day classics?

    If you had a couple of grand knocking about.. what would you consider buying?

    My neigbour has just brought something similar to this:

    alltypecarz : FORD CAPRI 2.8I SPECIAL TURBO TECHNICS

    All I can say is the drive is amazing. The dipstick left it parked on his drive though. I told him to take the battery out and block it behind some of his other cars. It's getting lots of attention recently. Made me look back twice that's for sure.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    yes and no, yer sure its a cool car, but no as it's a ford and TBH i was not a fan of the old type fords, some people are and fair play to them,

    I still say the Mk2 Golf GTi 16v is the one to go for, here is my one that i restored,
    Joni Honki likes this.

  4. #3
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    I love capris, had several in my youth.Never did manage to get a tickford though.Now they were the ********.
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    yes and no, yer sure its a cool car, but no as it's a ford and TBH i was not a fan of the old type fords, some people are and fair play to them,

    I still say the Mk2 Golf GTi 16v is the one to go for, here is my one that i restored,
    Thats beautiful.I also like the mk 1 1800.Has to mars red though.
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  6. #5
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Mk2 Golf GTi 16v is such a great car. Most of the handling attributes of the Mk1 with more refinement all round. I adore the Mk1, but the Mk2 just feels a bit more complete.

    Always been a fan of the G60 version too. The Rallye is OK, but a bit boxy compared to the wide arch G60 model.

    My folks had Fords when I was a kid (Capri 3.0 / 2.8, Sierra XR4 and 4x4 / Cortina 1600E). OK in their day, and and proved you could get good performance for not much money. Not sure how I feel about them now....

  7. #6
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,505
    I love this game, give yourself a £2k budget, then go into Pistonheads Classifieds to see what you can buy!

    My money would personally be on a Mk2 16v... I have one of those already!

    Others in the price range are Mk2 Honda CRX, Alfa 155 widebody V6, Mk1 Maxda MX5, BMW E30 of some sort, Pug 205GTI... the list is endless.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  8. #7
    jb0o's Avatar
    North East Forum Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East, UK
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    I love capris, had several in my youth.Never did manage to get a tickford though.Now they were the ********.
    Stunning cars. Ive currently got a Brooklands being stored in my unit and a Tickford coming to join him at the end of the month!
    _G_ likes this.

    Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro


  9. #8
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jb0o View Post
    Stunning cars. Ive currently got a Brooklands being stored in my unit and a Tickford coming to join him at the end of the month!
    Git !!!!
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  10. #9
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Mk2 Golf GTi 16v is such a great car. Most of the handling attributes of the Mk1 with more refinement all round. I adore the Mk1, but the Mk2 just feels a bit more complete.

    Always been a fan of the G60 version too. The Rallye is OK, but a bit boxy compared to the wide arch G60 model.

    My folks had Fords when I was a kid (Capri 3.0 / 2.8, Sierra XR4 and 4x4 / Cortina 1600E). OK in their day, and and proved you could get good performance for not much money. Not sure how I feel about them now....
    True, the brakes on the mk1 left a lot to be desired though.I just like the sharp lines and rawness of the mk1.I couldnt afford to buy/insure one at the time so had to settle for a mk1 xr2.Not in the same league though.
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  11. #10
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    True, the brakes on the mk1 left a lot to be desired though.I just like the sharp lines and rawness of the mk1.I couldnt afford to buy/insure one at the time so had to settle for a mk1 xr2.Not in the same league though.
    The brakes were frightening at best! I range black diamond discs, pagid pads, goodrich hoses, dot 5.1 fluid and a Mk2 brake master cylinder and it still wasn't great! I owned my Mk1 back in 1992 when it was 11 years old and had nearly as many owners. It was a shed, but I loved that car!!

  12. #11
    _G_
    _G_'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    869
    how about this? BMW : BMW TECH 2 340IA SPORT V8
    the 325i m sport was my mums school run car... Jaysus I feel old now

  13. #12
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,505
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Drunken_Fool View Post
    how about this? BMW : BMW TECH 2 340IA SPORT V8
    the 325i m sport was my mums school run car... Jaysus I feel old now
    Only £5.5k over budget! lol



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  14. #13
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    Thats beautiful.I also like the mk 1 1800.Has to mars red though.
    here is how it came from that old car to the showroom car that i made it into,

    Golf GTi 16v pictures by Turkish - Photobucket

  15. #14
    _G_
    _G_'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Only £5.5k over budget! lol
    haha oops yeh there were a few but you can get a decent non-m from 2k

  16. #15
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Drunken_Fool View Post
    how about this? BMW : BMW TECH 2 340IA SPORT V8
    the 325i m sport was my mums school run car... Jaysus I feel old now
    thats mint,

  17. #16
    knoxie's Avatar
    K4OXE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    harlow, essex
    Posts
    619
    i know its over the price range but its mint....

    mk1 VW Caddy
    Silver S3 02 AMK
    !!!!STANDARD S3 EXHAUST FOR SALE!!!!
    PM FOR DETAILS
    click here for
    IN AND AROUND THE M25 RING MEETS

  18. #17
    shariain's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,173
    I would have this any day of the week

    http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...ado-vr6/653831
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

  19. #18
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,540
    im thinking of another mk2 gti from my next car. tho i said id never have another fwd car ever. after this 100 c4 quattro i might have another urge for silly childish wheelspin.


    need a good winter of snow first to enjoy the 2.8 v6 and do some dohnuts. then i'll think about it.

  20. #19
    slepy's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,128
    I would get something like Merc 560SEC or a BMW 6 (shark) series.

  21. #20
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Only £5.5k over budget! lol
    ...and 99% of old BMW's ( any many new for that matter ) are a bit 'council' Essex & thugish

  22. #21
    knoxie's Avatar
    K4OXE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    harlow, essex
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by WAFTER View Post
    ...and 99% of old BMW's ( any many new for that matter ) are a bit 'council' Essex & thugish
    so your saying essex is one massive council estate riddled with thugs??
    Silver S3 02 AMK
    !!!!STANDARD S3 EXHAUST FOR SALE!!!!
    PM FOR DETAILS
    click here for
    IN AND AROUND THE M25 RING MEETS

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. CCC Day, Caslte Combe, April 26th
    By Crafty in forum Major UK Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th April 2003, 09:01
  2. TT Rolling Road day - Interpro June 8th
    By clived in forum TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th April 2003, 18:43
  3. Rolling Road Day
    By Drystone in forum Major UK Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st April 2003, 14:35
  4. Donnington Track Day
    By Joshie in forum Major UK Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27th February 2003, 19:07
  5. Donnington Track days
    By Simon in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13th January 2003, 15:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO