Newcastle Audi customer service.

S.line

Reaction score
Evening all. I would like to express my feelings with the above Audi franchise. I purchased a used 58 a4 s line avant back in December last year. When the deal was done I was promised ALL stone chips, repairs, dents, faults and the extra paid for the autoglym valet would be sorted for me when I pick the car up. When I collected the car, the weather was awful so, being v excited I signed over and drove off home.

Error!

The next day I went to wash the car I noted NOTHING had been touched!

The car was in fact was a clip. Water wouldn't bead up on the paint work, stone chips were still there, headlight washer wouldn't retract, led DRL,s different colour, hell of a wobble while driving, drivers seat looked like a taxi drivers (well not quite that bad), so back to Audi take 1

After a chat with the guy who was manager at the time he was disgusted at the state of the car and immediately booked it in for repairs.

I went back to pick the car up and pointed to a new manager that all they had repaired some of the stone chips. He said "I'm not going to change the DRL's as they are within audi's tolerances, the fault is caused by phosphorous build up on the led's" and "you have to expect some damage to a car as it is second hand".

Then my gasket started to blow.

I came home and phoned Audi UK who were to be fair quite helpful. Even though I never wanted to tell them where I got the car from, they asked my reg plate then said they would sort it.

I took the car back a second time for further repairs and got a call from the Newcastle manager who said "we are giving the car a full polish, sorting out the drivers seat, changed a rear alloy as it was badly buckled and changing the air filter (which was black!!) but Audi won't warrant a repair the DRL's as they are within spec....however as a good will gesture, will fit new headlights to both sides"

I then went to pick the car up again and still things weren't right. Stone chips badly touched in, they fitted a Pirelli tyre when the other 3 were conti's - which looked odd, they missed a section on the bonnet when doing the polish which does my nut in! I pointed these out but the manager was hard faced and wouldn't do anything more so my wife told me to just leave it.

More recently my car went to a different north east Audi for a rattle thats appeared and a fuel flap fault who were great. I mentioned some of the issues I had and he looked at the car and said he wouldn't dream of letting a car go in that state. He then got newcastle Audi to call me to sort things out. I took it back there yesterday and still he was adamant its a used car so it's never going to be perfect. He said he would have the car back for a 3rd time to put things right. I have spoken to a car valet guy who has looked at the car and pointed out swirls and holograms ? In the paint work and even he asked did I buy it from Newcastle Audi.

He estimated £180 to give the car a full professional valet inside and out and coat the paint work etc. I spoke to the manager at newc. Audi who said he would go halfies with me but that was his limit. He also said that it would cost me anywhere from £80-500 to sort the rattle as its not covered by the full? Warranty.

What are your thoughts on this and what can I do or am I just being fussy, I mean it's only cost me £16,700 for the car plus finance.....

Rant over for now...

Feel for you mate, you sound a honest guy that trusted them to be honest with you, and carry out what they said.
id do one of two things.
Seek legal advice... or think about selling it.

Makes me sad to hear this. Ive had nothing but endless problems with Teesside Audi and have since dealt with Wearside, who have been exceptional (especially the service chap called Michael Yard).

The North East Audi brand was taken over in October last year by Benfield Motor Group, who in my opinion, are fantastic.. I've already started to see a big change at Teesside Audi since then and was hoping to see no further negative feedback towards a North East Audi franchise.

Makes me sad to hear this. Ive had nothing but endless problems with Teesside Audi and have since dealt with Wearside, who have been exceptional (especially the service chap called Michael Yard).

The North East Audi brand was taken over in October last year by Benfield Motor Group, who in my opinion, are fantastic.. I've already started to see a big change at Teesside Audi since then and was hoping to see no further negative feedback towards a North East Audi franchise.

Micheal is a fab guy, 10/10 from me..

Teesside get a 'boo hiss' from me for reasons I shan't go into! ;)