Votes: 2 40.0%
  • RAC

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Who are you with?

Mine is due for renewal this month and im currently with RAC, however a colleague at work mentioned that the AA do a parts and garage cover that RAC dont offer.

I currently have roadside, recovery (nationwide) and accident cover, which works out about £13 a month and the AA one is £26 a month, but it can cover both me and the missus upto 6 times for any issues with the car upto £500 at a time for parts and labour.

Any thoughts or opinions please?

Cheers
Nilz

AA took four hours on a Tuesday night when my clutch pedal broke and even then it was subbed to a local garage and RAC took two hours Christmas Eve when it was minus 15 a few years back

I pay £17 a month for my bank account and get AA cover, roadside, relay etc included, along with annula travel ins, and Iphone insurance.

What about Green Flag? I'm with them. But only because it's free with my bank account.

Only called them a couple of times and they've been quick and efficient.

Im more interested in the parts and garage cover that is provided by the AA, with the car racking up a few miles and 10 years old now, sounds like a wise move to make sure I have some sort of cover for those unforseeable costs.

rac for me, had them out on a snowy welsh hill in the middle of the night when i smashed my sump on a damaged cattle grid in -12 temp, within an hour they had found a local contractor with a discovery and a rope to tow me off the hill and down to a main road where they had a truck waiting

Im more interested in the parts and garage cover that is provided by the AA, with the car racking up a few miles and 10 years old now, sounds like a wise move to make sure I have some sort of cover for those unforseeable costs.

Nilzy, my last two delivery drivers had this cover on their delivery cars, as the cars take a pounding doing short local trips! One claimed for a knackered gearbox(Saxo 1.1), the other for flywheel and starter motor(Pug 407, they reused the old clutch!), both cars was sent to Halfords in Moseley to have the work done, they sold the cars afterwords though!!! Lol

See things like you say Jo can easily add up and for the sake of £20 odd quid a month, i dont think you can go wrong and on top of that, I believe you can take it to a garage of your choice, I remember when I had my cambelt done at Midland VW, he had a Seat Leon in and the work on that was being done through the AA scheme, so didnt cost him anything.

Im with the RAC and when my cv joint went in december i had to wait in the freezing cold only to have a sub contractor who was a three minute walk from around the corner to where i was.

So i didnt renew with the RAC, i went for the AA cover which gives me, Roadside, at Home, National Recovery and Parts and Garage cover, 7 call outs per car for the year and 6 incidents of Parts and Garage upto £500 per incident, with a £35 excess for each claim.

Pretty happy with the amount of cover this provides all for £26 per month and the best thing is you can take it to a garage of your own choice.

I'm with the RAC and the ADAC, also have green flag through my bank I believe.

Only needed the RAC a couple of times, and both times they were excellent. although my mate went through a puddle which killed the car and they refused to recover him, as they said they wouldnt deal with water damage, which is quite a common problem these days!

Never used the ADAC, but from what iv read they are the only way to go if it's European cover you're after. And they sub to the AA in the UK... It's quite cheap too in comparison... Only down side it you need to know a tiny bit of German to ask to speak to an English speaking operator.

I think it depends on your area on wherever to go with RAC or the AA... Which ever has the most patrols I suppose

same here... but £13 a month with bank and get cover with approved local recovery that are part of the green flag network... and i get mobile insurance, travel insurance, all my electrical household appliances are covered and hefty discount on my mortgage... all for £13 a month.. well worth it